• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

The Predation Action Group

Same old Usual Suspects trying "We wish you wouldn't come on here and spoil our party, Paul" postings. Makes a change from their "Don't understand a word 'e says ... must be on somefink...", I suppose...

There you go again Paul, demonstrating your insufferable superiority complex by trying to belittle anyone who has the sheer effrontery to challenge your attitude. Has it never crossed your mind, not even for one worrying second, that perhaps there is a good reason why so many people (on this forum and elsewhere) react so angrily to you and your attitude? You have made it obvious many times that you regard such anger as the despicable stirrings of the uneducated riff raff, their ungrateful reaction to the gifts and great teachings you have bestowed upon them from on high....but has it never....not even once, occurred to you that some of them might just have a point?

You undoubtedly are a very talented man Paul, with much to offer, and many have enjoyed your more lucid and amusing writings on here and have a great admiration for that side of you. However, that does NOT give you the right to take bring your baggage with you when you visit a forum and take your frustrations out on others. Whatever has caused your bitterness is your problem, not ours....deal with it yourself old chap.

Cheers, Dave.

There you go again Paul, demonstrating your insufferable superiority complex by trying to belittle anyone who has the sheer effrontery to challenge your attitude. Has it never crossed your mind, not even for one worrying second, that perhaps there is a good reason why so many people (on this forum and elsewhere) react so angrily to you and your attitude? You have made it obvious many times that you regard such anger as the despicable stirrings of the uneducated riff raff, their ungrateful reaction to the gifts and great teachings you have bestowed upon them from on high....but has it never....not even once, occurred to you that some of them might just have a point?

You undoubtedly are a very talented man Paul, with much to offer, and many have enjoyed your more lucid and amusing writings on here and have a great admiration for that side of you. However, that does NOT give you the right to take bring your baggage with you when you visit a forum and take your frustrations out on others. Whatever has caused your bitterness is your problem, not ours....deal with it yourself old chap.

Cheers, Dave.

Oh dear, dear, dear. Nil desperandum, Dave, it'll only get worse.

despair.jpg

One of my all time favourites groups Paul. If only you would stick to being useful and spreading joy by linking folk to decent music, rather than venting your spleen on all and sundry....then this forum would be a much nicer place.

Cheers, Dave.

I have not really made my mind up.

Can we have some more informed debate please.

Only advise I can offer anti - Otter people is to start the campaign by dispelling the warm and cuddly notion the general public has and start a series of..

Otter eats furry ducklings / pond goldfish / chickens / water vole / pet snake etc etc. Youtube and TV commercial. Worth a million words.

Graham

One of my all time favourites groups Paul. If only you would stick to being useful and spreading joy by linking folk to decent music, rather than venting your spleen on all and sundry....then this forum would be a much nicer place.

Cheers, Dave.

But do please remember, Dave, that taking a personal pop at - or doing a bit of fag-packet in-public character analysis of - any BFW member rather spoils the site for everybody. Pots and kettles all that. No spleen vented on my part here, just, as I see it, some rather unpleasant responses from a slightly prickly, usual suspect few.

PS - As I said earlier in this thread, you don't win a debate by trashing or silencing the opposition; they might do this in Parliament, but then...

Last edited:
But do please remember, Dave, that taking a personal pop at - or doing a bit of fag-packet in-public character analysis of - any BFW member rather spoils the site for everybody. Pots and kettles all that. No spleen vented on my part here, just, as I see it, some rather unpleasant responses from a slightly prickly, usual suspect few.

Paul...the above, coming from you, is one of the more revealing, outrageous and amusing things you have come up with in some time. However, another member for whom I have a great deal of respect has quite rightly gently hinted that enough is enough, so as far as I am concerned, our discussion ends here.

Cheers, Dave.

Good. Now I can get back to bringing about the fall of World Capitalism. So much to do, so little time in which to do it...

Hi men,

Don't need to see an elephant in a room , your nose will tell you , they smell of **** :D .

Back on subject anyway , how many of us are members of the Angling Trust ?, I let my membership go for a year as it seemed to be losing its way , top heavy , but renewed again .

Hatter

Back