• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

The Otters Next Victim

I can assure you that was no apology!
Should you choose to take my words personally, well, like I say, either the cap fits or you've made the wrong assumption.

I can assure you that was no apology!
Should you choose to take my words personally, well, like I say, either the cap fits or you've made the wrong assumption.

Yes, I must admit it did seem too good to be true, especially as so much of what you say seems to have variable meanings when challenged. I will just put it down to yet more of the strange mix of almost incomprehensible comments and innuendo that we have all got used to from certain members of this forum.

Cheers, Dave.

:D:D:D Paul theres times when your frustrating, and times when your humour overides your fishing knowledge, this time i am thinking of charging you with GBH as my ribs are breaking laughing at your last 2 posts mate:D

So EASY to wind up the usual suspects ... out of the toybox they waddle, clicking and whirring and letting out the occasional outraged howl...

Yes Paul, how right you are...... but in fact that comment probably says more about yourself than anybody else!.... didn't your mummy ever tell you to play nicely?

-- 1:14 PM Chris Turnbull, Location: Norwich:

Yes Paul, how right you are...... but in fact that comment probably says more about yourself than anybody else!.... didn't your mummy ever tell you to play nicely?

She did, but then, belatedly and rather sadly, as an Angling adult I found that there were some real nasty b'stards out there who only responded to being out-fished (they hate that), out-thought (not difficult), out-written and generally out-gunned. Pity, but then such types are neither Anglers nor fully paid-up human beings and, therefore, deserve all they get.

Last edited:
Oh dear..... but then when one has a life, one tends to find such things don't really matter and that they don't have to constantly make a point of bigging themselves up at others expense!

No ball required Mike. He will only threaten to take his away, then come back again next week wanting to play again.... or worse still threatening physical violence once again!

Plus, I can't be bothered.

Physical violence ! I missed that one . Report him to the all England club the bounder . Anyway you take your bat home ,and we will call it a rain off :D

You would have missed it, Mike - I never did. But then with readily available growlamps seemingly in every domestic cupboard and backroom these days, some do get a little skittish...

Of Many Colours for me (though it depends on just what I am "on" at the time; God help people's retinas if it is water).

Well well well aprox 150 posts on the emotive subject of our furry friends, Otters and what has been established;

Paul B. can be patronising.

Chris T. knows which buttons to press regards provoking a response from Mr Boote.

David G. is better at nit picking than even I could ever aspire too.

Ryhs P. occaisionally gets his words mixed/muddled, so some discount his whole view point.

Neil S. doesn't like Paul's literary style, as he feels patronized by it. Neil care to discuss your thoughts on carp angling......

Alex G. prefers catching barbel to spotting otters, me included but they're here to stay (otters).

But how is this going to aid our ailing rivers and sport?
I dropped out of this debate because it was evidently not going to achieve anything positive or constructive.
Otters;
Not the primary cause of the problems faced by our rivers.
Not even a major piece in the jig-saw of why rivers are struggling.

So what conclusion are we to draw from this futile debate??

Otters;
Not the primary cause of the problems faced by our rivers.
Not even a major piece in the jig-saw of why rivers are struggling.

So what conclusion are we to draw from this futile debate??

That Anglers with half a fully functioning brain know the above very very well, plus that Paul Boote gets impatient now and again and has to step in and fairly fry some fools. Oops...

Back