• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

The Otters Next Victim

Neil, like I said if you are the owner of the fore mentioned profile, you are indeed a two faced twit but if you are not then I apologise for the accusation and subsiquent remark.

Nasty, no, just a well judged opinion to the halfway anonymous poster on the old board.

We're all going on a summer holiday
no more working for a week or two.
Fun and laughter on our summer holiday,
no more worries for me or you,
for a week or two.

We're going where the sun shines brightly
we're going where the sea is blue.
we've all seen it on the movies,
now let's see if it's true.

Everybody has a summer holiday
doin' things they always wanted to
So we're going on a summer holiday,
to make our dreams come true
for me and you.
for me and you.

See you in a few days when the On 'is Case Mob has got bored / sobered up / reconsidered / gone on holiday / whatever. And, when I do come back and if they start up again, well, there are a couple of lesser-known boards that internet bolshies cannot follow me to and would get pretty short shrift if they tried.

Neil, like I said if you are the owner of the fore mentioned profile, you are indeed a two faced twit but if you are not then I apologise for the accusation and subsiquent remark.

Nasty, no, just a well judged opinion to the halfway anonymous poster on the old board.

Just why you should post that, no matter who I am is beyond me, even if I am who you suppose, your post is way out of order, I do not know why you are banging on about Carp, perhaps you could enlighten us?
If you think in anyway that was ''well judged'' then you are wrong, you were speculating because my name is Neil, so no iffs and but's cough up..apologise.

Last edited:
Just why you should post that, no matter who I am is beyond me, even if I am who you suppose, your post is way out of order, I do not know why you are banging on about Carp, perhaps you could enlighten us?
If you think in anyway that was ''well judged'' then you are wrong, you were speculating because my name is Neil, so no iffs and but's cough up..apologise.

Type 'carpy' into the search facility on this link; http://barbelfishingworld.yuku.com/directory
It should enlighten.

Again, if I am wrong with the identity speculation, I apologise.
If I am correct, no apology.

It wasn't just the same christian names that led me to the conclusion made but also a great deal of similarities in your literary styles.

Final time, if I've incorrectly attributed you with the blame for anothers condescending posts, which I can only assume is the case, I apologise.

Good God man first you accuse me of being someone else and then if I am not I sound as though I am a similar sort of barsteward..... so it was an excusable error on your part...Stop Digging and just put up Gordon or otherwise I will be forced to seek what a Gentleman needs to do to recover his honour.

Pistols at Dawn!!

err could we make it after Catching The Impossible!!

BTW Thanks for the link, the only thing I gleaned from that is that you appear to prefer Carp to Barbel...Right :rolleyes:

We're all going on a summer holiday
no more working for a week or two.
Fun and laughter on our summer holiday,
no more worries for me or you,
for a week or two.

We're going where the sun shines brightly
we're going where the sea is blue.
we've all seen it on the movies,
now let's see if it's true.

Everybody has a summer holiday
doin' things they always wanted to
So we're going on a summer holiday,
to make our dreams come true
for me and you.
for me and you.

See you in a few days when the On 'is Case Mob has got bored / sobered up / reconsidered / gone on holiday / whatever. And, when I do come back and if they start up again, well, there are a couple of lesser-known boards that internet bolshies cannot follow me to and would get pretty short shrift if they tried.

Oh Dear that sounds a bit like taking a dive in the box and asking the ref to send off the ''Culprit''

Good God man first you accuse me of being someone else and then if I am not I sound as though I am a similar sort of barsteward..... so it was an excusable error on your part...Stop Digging and just put up Gordon

Yeah yeah Smart, no necessity for excuses from me.

otherwise I will be forced to seek what a Gentleman needs to do to recover his honour.
Pistols at Dawn!!

Not barbel rods at dusk then?

err could we make it after Catching The Impossible!!

Hope you enjoyed watching.

BTW Thanks for the link, the only thing I gleaned from that is that you appear to prefer Carp to Barbel...Right :rolleyes:

No great secret, my favourite quarry is chub, followed closely by tench, then it'd go to river carp, barbel and stillwater carp, in that order.
Though I do enjoy catching most species from grayling to catfish, roach to pike with two exceptions, perch and bream, which I absolutely can't abide.
Though I'm trying to develop a liking for snotties, new challenge and all that.

I also have a distinct dislikening for catching any species that I'm not purposely targetting.

On the Ouse thread the other day Chris Turnbull intimated that the blue stocking spot doesn’t last very long on fish, so even if we had caught one, we might not know.

I have seen lots of small baby Barbel on the Ouse this year so would presume that a few of the stockies have survived.

Hi men ,

Has anyone caught a barbel with a stocking spot on it yet ?.

Hatter

Mark, No one seemed to pick up on it but I recently put a post on the Gt Ouse thread saying that despite stocking literally thousands of small barbel marked with blue dye marks into the Wensum, I have never seen an adult Wensum fish that showed a trace of ever being marked. I know they had been marked, but they seem to lose any trace of it very quickly. In fact it really isn't worth the bother of marking them.

On the other hand I've caught dye marked barbel on the Trent, but I think that they were probably marked as adult fish by Nick at Calverton when stripping them of their spawn.

On the Ouse thread the other day Chris Turnbull intimated that the blue stocking spot doesn’t last very long on fish, so even if we had caught one, we might not know.

I have seen lots of small baby Barbel on the Ouse this year so would presume that a few of the stockies have survived.

Snap!!!

Hi men ,

Yes , just read it on the Ouse thread :D, oh well sould take more notice . So Chris , if the small barbel on the Ouse are the spotty ones , is it an experiment that is working ?.

hatter

Back