• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

mortimer & whitehouse gone fishing

It was 'brrilllyant '
The Wye barbel were awesome, that bass was something else and the last episode is pike fishing to a tee.
We've had some rain so I'm going to have a dabble after work and being a man of a certain age need to make sure my tea is 'hhaarrt hhealthy' and not the usual Ginsters/mars bar/red bull combo.

I think it’s been a ‘grower’

Most of the early comments had been negative , maybe that’s because we have been conditioned to expect a certain type or flavour of fishing programme

For me , this has been one of the most enjoyable as it’s not just about the fishing , it’s about spending time with with a good mate , the adventure and anticipation of a new venue , a weekend away with the lads talking about anything and everything

Heart warming stuff , boom boom

What a great little series this has been!
I hope a second series gets commissioned.

Try Fordingbridge park for the roach, day tickets available, I believe from post office or maybe kiosk on the park.

It was good with some good fishing skills demonstrated by Paul and some funny banter. However why do the BBC seem so obsessed with health issues, we have an endless stream of food , hospital, lifestyle programmes that becomes a constant patronising lecture on how what we should live our lives.
The non Angling public are pretty ignorant of all things fishing and I think view us as a bit cranky the BBC could do a lot worse than showing again the Passion series on BBC 2 that captures to a T the essence of why we do it.

It was good with some good fishing skills demonstrated by Paul and some funny banter. However why do the BBC seem so obsessed with health issues, we have an endless stream of food , hospital, lifestyle programmes that becomes a constant patronising lecture on how what we should live our lives.
The non Angling public are pretty ignorant of all things fishing and I think view us as a bit cranky the BBC could do a lot worse than showing again the Passion series on BBC 2 that captures to a T the essence of why we do it.
They don’t call the beeb auntie for nothing.

I watched the first three of the series back-to-back last night. I've loved it so far!!! Constantly chuckled at Bob taking the mick out of the bream!! I was laughing out loud at the banter. I've always loved Vic and Bob and the Fast Show so it's a perfect combo for me.

It feels completely genuine to me. Nice that it's not heavily scripted and a fishing program without the Razzmatazz of the modern carp world.

Looking forward to settling down with a heart healthy meal later and consuming the next 3 episodes!

Cheers,

Andy

Hi All,
Whilst they were filming I was fishing the New Weir with John Bailey, they then took a break and Paul came up to the Weir...…...
How's it going there he said ? ..……….not good I told him, how are you doing ? not good he said, may I ask why, his reply was......
Its that bloke I'm with, he is from up North and I cant understand I word he's talking about.
I have omitted all the swear words, but they were great fun, they even laughed at my jokes, which is a first.
Brian.

Back