• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

mortimer & whitehouse gone fishing

Graham,

Each to their own, I suppose, but as you don't find Monty Python funny, perhaps you've also had major surgery like Bob Mortimore. In your case it was obviously a triple sense of humour bypass....!!

Does anything tickle your funny bone?

Dave

Would I lie to you is great
Benny Hill was great
Tony Hancock was great.

Two old men prattling on talking boring nonsense isn't great.

Graham,

Each to their own, I suppose, but as you don't find Monty Python funny, perhaps you've also had major surgery like Bob Mortimore. In your case it was obviously a triple sense of humour bypass....!!

Does anything tickle your funny bone?

Dave
I thought the humour was natural and unscripted, humour is a personal thing, I didn't find Monty Python at all funny either.

Helps massively if you get the daft sort of humour both Paul and especially Bob are famous for. I simply like the overhead views of our stunning English countryside,makes it worth watching. If pure fishing content is your thing then yes it's crap,but then it wouldn't appeal to the none angling public. The missus loves it,probably the only thing we've watched together in ages,her being a soap opera victim.

Would I lie to you is great
Benny Hill was great
Tony Hancock was great.

Two old men prattling on talking boring nonsense isn't great.

That's were we all differ, horses for courses. I thought TH was as funny as having a tooth pulled.
But i did like Benny Hill. :)

I think if we recorded ourselves out fishing with a mate the banter would be very similar, ridiculous musings on life, surreal observations, humour that we find funny at the time but not all would...as far as i know this is not scripted whereas all the references to comedy above are, plus I do not think it is meant to be funny as such. It is what it is..a lighthearted programme of two blokes fishing but with the serious message about looking after your health, which of course for many male viewers given their likely age is a message that comes far too late...and on that note i had better take the dogs for a walk.

Well I have read this thread but without watching couldn't comment. I've just sat down and watched the first 5 episodes. I think they just got better and better. It seems like their relationship just gets better and I have found it genuinely funny. Not about the fishing as mentioned. Think Whitehouse could help motemore out more and not leave him to find his own feet. Small niggle I'm really enjoying it

Hi men,

Obviously fishing is just excuse to put it all together . Me and Sue laughed out loud when he panicked as the barbel bolted on a couple of occations. The continual discussion of tgeir medical problems may start to grate in the end , but watchable .

Hatter

Hi Guys
Last one this week, they will be on the Mill Pool at Throop.
John Bailey and me at the Mill.jpg

Back