• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Lone angler

Have just taken delivery of some of the sausage sizzle 18mm squabs, glug and paste. The glug is like marmalade and the smell of all 3 is fantastic.

Great service from Lone Angler as well.

Have just taken delivery of some of the sausage sizzle 18mm squabs, glug and paste. The glug is like marmalade and the smell of all 3 is fantastic.

Great service from Lone Angler as well.

.....but they still won't catch fish that 'aint there, and if they are there they will still be caught on far less exotic fare.

Lone Angler Landing net pole

Hi All,

FYI the Lone Angler 8'8" MEGA LANDING NET HANDLE has been reduced in price to £52. I think at this price I may now get one as the £66 price tag was a bit steep for me personally.

Regards

Dan

Still wont be good enough for the fickle angler Im afraid, quote recession etc but doesnt want to pay the price of quality, who is that angler.................................the barbel angler im afraid.

bargain

Lone Angler Limited

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Choose a way to pay

Billing information

billy barbel
999 location st chubsville
ribbletown
bl4 9np
United Kingdom
Change

Contact information

999billybarbel@headquarters.comChange

Your order summary

DescriptionsAmount
Sausage Sizzle Shelf Life SquabsSausage Sizzle Shelf Life Squabs£9.17
Item number: LAB007-LAB008
Item price: £9.17
Quantity: 1
Sausage Sizzle GlugSausage Sizzle Glug£5.83
Item number: LAB015
Item price: £5.83
Sausage Sizzle Shelf Life PasteSausage Sizzle Shelf Life Paste£2.50
Item number: LAB014
Item price: £2.50

Item total£17.50
VAT£4.17

Postage and packaging: £3.32

Total £24.99 GBP

not bad that paul £25 for that big order:eek:
saying that you might have a special coupon;)

Last edited:
Paying for quality? Wasn't the original £15 from Argos.

pre baiting

My advice would be to pre bait between now and start of the season!
You might not catch anymore fish but I,ll receive my discounted bait for advising you use it.
Great bait and a service !

Even I can be bought at a price!

Enjoy the closed season I'm off to benidorm posh me like going to see an old friend vicky who makes a great paste got to freeze it smells a bit.
Pies and san miguel all the way adios amigo's

this is starting to get irritating , you dont wanna pay for quaity then dont but stop coming on slating those who do and trying to ruin something before its got going , no wonder we cant get quality gear when people moan and try to put people off !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is starting to get irritating , you dont wanna pay for quaity then dont but stop coming on slating those who do and trying to ruin something before its got going , no wonder we cant get quality gear when people moan and try to put people off !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dont talk to me about quality Richard, I ordered 1,200 yds of Bass pro excel 12lb clear line from The Lone Angler site on Friday cost me £19.99 with the postage. It arrived next day Saturday. I opened package, the box the line was in was all torn and the spool looked like it had been stored in somebodies garage for 5 years did not look new at all. They will be getting a phone call Monday and the line is going back. Not Happy with what i brought from them. I want some fresh new stock line that i can use with confidence.

Well I phoned Lone Angler this morning, they could not have been more helpful. And are sending me another spool of Bass Excel to replace the one I am unhappy with. Nice people to do business with.

Ray

Last edited:
Hi men,

Robert , expenses not guarantee quality . I have on many occations paid a lot of hard earned money on fishing tackle , backed by "big named " anglers only to find them average at best , and **** at worst !.

Hatter

Dont talk to me about quaity Richard, I ordered 1,200 yds of Bass pro excel 12lb clear line from The Lone Angler site on Friday cost me £19.99 with the postage. It arrived next day Saturday. I opened package, the box the line was in was all torn and the spool looked like it had been stored in somebodies garage for 5 years did not look new at all. They will be getting a phone call Monday and the line is going back. Not Happy with what i brought from them. I want some fresh new stock line that i can use with confidence.

Ray

Based on current deals in Bass Pro shops, 1,200 yds of Bass Pro Excel can be bought for under £4!!!! Think I need to stock up on my next family holiday to Florida, then sell for a huge markup on ebay ;)

Also note that I'm a big fan off this line; however Bass Pro have changed it 'new formula', and user reviews aren't good in some instances.

Last edited:
It will be probably the best landing net handle you will ever buy ; Super strong ! It will last many years ! Ive got 3 :) old ones. Great for pulling up that big barbel up that steep bank !!

Wish Trefor would make the weighted landing net (arm) again due to the fact they are the best nets you could buy.

Yes you can get cheaper bass pro but you would have to order direct from America. I think we should give the guys encouragement and praise for making britsh products one of two companies still making products today.

It will be probably the best landing net handle you will ever buy ; Super strong ! It will last many years ! Ive got 3 :) old ones. Great for pulling up that big barbel up that steep bank !!

Wish Trefor would make the weighted landing net (arm) again due to the fact they are the best nets you could buy.

Yes you can get cheaper bass pro but you would have to order direct from America. I think we should give the guys encouragement and praise for making britsh products one of two companies still making products today.

If the handles are so good why have you bought three?

Hi men,

I actually lifted Trev's landing net for him while we weighted a fish , I thought it was snagged on something as it was a bit heavy , I would try before you buy , it may not be for everyone . Well built , so should last a long time , its not for me though .

Hatter

Last edited:
Back