• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Lone angler

Celebs ? No they are well respected anglers that and the fact as I stated earlier its British gear

I clicked a link on facebook and there it was in all its inflated glory,think i'll stick to drennan sink braid and me scissors.

Trevor west is a barbel and chub expert.what he don't know about barbel is not worth knowing.he is a friend of tony miles .i thought everybody knew them.they have started up this new company called "Lone Angler" and I hope it is a success
I met tony miles at the barbel society meeting and he signed my chub book for me.he was most gracious to an old angler and deserves every success.
Albert

Albert I was just looking for a bite asking who Trefor West is. My Picture is in his Barbel book. Lovely man hope the new venture goes well for him.

Regards Ray Thorpe

Seems like you have really bought into the whole celeb product endorsement thing then?

I assume by punters you are alluding to anglers who actually go fishing without any particular axe to grind as far as recommendations?

Getting so Carpy this Barbel thing, soon it would be absolutely pointless in buying any tackle or bait unless it has some sort of celeb endorsement.

Do you know what? It really makes no difference at all, except in your wallet of course.:)

Well done Neil, in three short sentences you have me in a nutshell :D I congratulate you on your astounding powers of pyscho analysis mate, no really, you are SPECIAL

Last edited:
Ray.it is not the first time I have taken the bait.coming up to my 61st wedding
Anniversary .the wife never heard of catch and release
Albert:)

I just checked the landing net pole, its an updated version of his old power stretch one, It is a monster handle and I challenge anyone to break it in normal use, I ran over my original one with my 2 1/4 ton truck and never left a mark on it, but, and its a J Lo size but, it weighs almost as much as all my rods and rod rests combined! I'll be sticking with my three meter telescopic match carp pole.

Hi Albert, Just looked at the Lone ranger site looks good. One thing i did notice it says Trefor West is age 60 and has been married 52 years that means he got married at age 8. They have now changed his age on the Website to age 69. I sent them a Email.

Regards Ray

Last edited:
I must say I am a bit torn on this issue.....plus I don't want to tread on anyones toes. Also, I have deep respect for the two superb anglers who are the public face of this 'new' company. But....what exactly is going to be 'new' here? I gather that the rods are based on Harrison blanks, the luggage is Cotswold Aquarius stuff...and the bait is basically Pallatrax, because they are tied in. OK, that means a lot of the gear will be British made, and I am all for that....but what exactly is new? What is different? What is original? I may be wrong, have the wrong end of the stick entirely (wouldn't be the first time :D)...but I would like to know, either way.

Cheers, Dave.

Ha, I just noticed this, very funny Albert and congratulations on 61 years.
I'm at almost exactly half that (31 years in October) and if I reach your milestone I will be a happy man.

Back