• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Lone angler

How much does angling need another bait /tackle range? Every conceivable gizmo or bait is already out there from multiple suppliers so is there always going to be room for one more?

I spoke to Mike O'Neill last week and ordered so bait with him - real nice guy and was great customer service..... shame the weather was **** so going to give the bait a real go in the summer.

Trevor west is a barbel and chub expert.what he don't know about barbel is not worth knowing.he is a friend of tony miles .i thought everybody knew them.they have started up this new company called "Lone Angler" and I hope it is a success
I met tony miles at the barbel society meeting and he signed my chub book for me.he was most gracious to an old angler and deserves every success.
Albert

theres bait company run by a certain person who was on here self promoting about 18 months ago and he shouldnt be selling bait but that by the by can guarantee the lone angler gear will be top quality , they are doing fishing gear and bait all produced in GB , actual GB not marketed GB but built in China , spoke to them about a chub rod and Tony Miles is working on one and been built on Harrison blank , I will be having one of these

This is very good news and i wish them the best of luck with it, at least you'll now that you are buying thoroughly tried and tested products with Trefor and Tony, unlike others who simply use punters as paying field testers.

I had a sneaky peek at the new Lone Angler landing net handle and it seems to address the design issues of other handles that have been discussed so often on here.

Little piece in this months Tcf by Trefor,some fair points made and certainly food for thought for myself certainly when he advises 15 mins in a swim,if nowt happens move because it confirms my own plans for the next season on a more mobile approach.

I think you'll find its all tied in with Pallatrax as Mike O'neill either became a director of the company or bought them ?? Anyway looks like a quality company selling stuff made in good ole blighty !

This is very good news and i wish them the best of luck with it, at least you'll now that you are buying thoroughly tried and tested products with Trefor and Tony, unlike others who simply use punters as paying field testers.

Seems like you have really bought into the whole celeb product endorsement thing then?

I assume by punters you are alluding to anglers who actually go fishing without any particular axe to grind as far as recommendations?

Getting so Carpy this Barbel thing, soon it would be absolutely pointless in buying any tackle or bait unless it has some sort of celeb endorsement.

Do you know what? It really makes no difference at all, except in your wallet of course.:)

Last edited:
Back