• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Ebay madness

P*ss someone off this Christmas?

eBay

The seller has been trying to flog that empty box for weeks. It annoys me that they allow such things. I'm sure that the sellers would dispute it, but as far as I'm concerned it's a blatant attempt to rip people off.

The seller has been trying to flog that empty box for weeks. It annoys me that they allow such things. I'm sure that the sellers would dispute it, but as far as I'm concerned it's a blatant attempt to rip people off.

It's a box, clearly marked as a box. It might help to bump up the price of a second hand reel. What's the problem?

It's a box, clearly marked as a box. It might help to bump up the price of a second hand reel. What's the problem?

yep, it's a box, clearly described as one, don't get the objections either.

No disputing that it's a box that is described as such. I just feel that such auctions are a quite snide attempt to lure in two suckers into thinking that there's a reel in there. Sure, a fool and their money and all that, but I dislike such attempts to part fools from their money. I don't actually care if the entire world sees differently.:) If the seller is on here and is offended that I feel that way, I don't give a damn. If they actually care what I think then perhaps I'm a bit too close to the mark for comfort.

No disputing that it's a box that is described as such. I just feel that such auctions are a quite snide attempt to lure in two suckers into thinking that there's a reel in there. Sure, a fool and their money and all that, but I dislike such attempts to part fools from their money. I don't actually care if the entire world sees differently.:) If the seller is on here and is offended that I feel that way, I don't give a damn. If they actually care what I think then perhaps I'm a bit too close to the mark for comfort.

lol you need to get one! and I don't mean a box

I've been buying and selling on eBay for quite a few years with no major problems and doone quite well out of it over the years, but recently I seem to have run into a seam of nutjacks.

I bought a job lot of women's boots and shoes and listed them a few weeks back. This Eastern European woman living in Dublin sent a message asking me if the size 2.5 boots would fit her size 4 feet :confused: So I said no and left it at that. Then she sent another message asking if she could wear the satin boots outside. :confused::confused: I replied along the lines of you can wear them where you want, but they won't fit.

A week later she bought them. :confused::confused::confused: So being the kind hearted guy that I am I explained that they might not fit, there were no returns and I would rather give her a refund rather than send ill fitting boots.

While I was offline she asked for a refund, and asked again, and again and again, each time getting more and more irate, abusive and threatening. In three hours she invoked a PayPal dispute and continued all through the evening until 3am. She also leaves me neutral feedback even though she got a refund within 24 hours of paying :mad:

Next morning I saw all these messages :eek: So I sent her a full refund and blocked her from bidding on my auctions. A few days later she contacts me and asks all nicey nicey if she can buy the boots again and can I take her off the blocked list. :rolleyes: So I ignore it. And the next and the next. I also remove the international shipping offer and make it a UK only auction.

Two days later another Eastern European lady from Dublin asks if I can send the boots to Ireland. I ignore three messages and block her too.

This morning a Welsh lady bought and paid for the boots. Then asked if I could ship them directly to, guess where? :( Seems like the mad Romanian lady has contacted an innocent eBayer who she had a recent deal with and spun some yarn about not being able to buy the boots as I won't ship to Ireland. No mention of the abuse & threats, etc

Anyway, the boots are going to Ireland, via Wales tomorrow. That will cost my Romanian friend an extra eight quid and there is no chance of negative feedback as the nice Welsh lady is aghast at being had for a mug and has promised good feedback on receipt without even opening the parcel.

As my house is sold and the buyer has completed two weeks earlier than expected I had reduced all the boots on sale by a tenner except those that caused the problem. Let's just say I had a hunch ;)

I'll call that a no-score draw.

Yesterday I listed the two piece suite and dining table set to start at 99p each with Buy It Now options of £200 and £70 which is pretty cheap for what they are, but I need them moving by the weekend. I've been inundated by Del Boy types all wanting to pay around 2/3 of the BIN price and take the stuff away immediately. Others are under the impression that my house is like DFS where they can come and browse at the merchandise. I mean, would you want strangers wandering round your property? What part of Internet Shopping and the BIN price don't they understand? It's more like a Turkish Bazaar than an auction site.

Anyway, where are little wife and I going to sit and eat for the rest of the week if they take our table and chairs? I'd have to get the camping stuff out - indoors. A man has some standards!

I'm afraid that I'm sick of eBay at the moment. :(

Back