• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Ebay madness

That is what this book ( paperback ) fetches !

I think the bank of England need to re-forecast their inflation figures. Not long ago I saw a HB copy get about £90 quid and thought how lucky I was getting mine for just the cover price from Jeremy Wade. As mentioned, Paul Boote had several "last knockings" copies he sold off not long ago. There's a copy of SDTCR on the bay now for £195.00!

Am I right in thinking you can see the copying marks underneath the signature?

Last edited:
I think the bank of England need to re-forecast their inflation figures. Not long ago I saw a HB copy get about £90 quid and thought how lucky I was getting mine for just the cover price from Jeremy Wade. As mentioned, Paul Boote had several "last knockings" copies he sold off not long ago. There's a copy of SDTCR on the bay now for £195.00!

Thanks for tipping me off about this yesterday via the Path By The Water Forum, Haydn.

Big money changing hands nowadays, it appears - here is a recent (Nov. 4th) auction lot which realised £440-00 (plus probably another £50 auction-house buyer's premium).

http://www.mullocksauctions.co.uk/lot-40368-boote_p_wade_j__-_signed_with_dedication.html

Anyone "mad" enough to want a pristine (MINT, AS NEW), signed by myself, 1st edition hardback of Somewhere Down The Crazy River (1992) plus a DVD of the lovely "Casting For Gold" Ganges mahseer film and who has £250 going spare need only contact me by personal message.

Here's a hardback, decent condition with tear in the dustcover.

Let's see where it goes !

Somewhere Down The Crazy River Fishing Book Jeremy Wade Paul Boote | eBay

Not sure what to make of this, looks more like a toilet tent and as for stability in the wind (no pun intended!)

Self-erecting day shelter

I've got a similar thing to this and it is remarkably good. Not big enough to sleep in, but I don't night fish anyway, big enough to keep me, the dog and tackle warm and dry. And, yes. It does stay up in strongish winds (Oooh, err, Missus!)

I see you all missed this
Capture.JPG

Back