• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Ebay madness

The prices are well inflated at the moment most reaching 80 to 100. I would expect almost new or at least a full recon one and a deluxe wide drum to boot for that money. What I want to know is it Bfw members driving up the prices with all the recommendations on here?

The prices are well inflated at the moment most reaching 80 to 100. I would expect almost new or at least a full recon one and a deluxe wide drum to boot for that money. What I want to know is it Bfw members driving up the prices with all the recommendations on here?

Surely not Clive, otherwise Abu Suverans that are easily the best fixed spool reels ever made and are now so rare that when one turns up you just have to buy it would be fetching far more than the paltry £200 a good one fetches ;):)

yes forums do seem to influrence prices ,not just this one but others aswell ,but in one sense its good for the seller ,but bad for genuine buyer looking for a reasonable priced reel .or in my case really bad as i like to buy them to fix up and for spares ,used to pay upto £20 for a broken one or one thats obviously not right ,but they all go for silly money now ,which means the ones i have needing parts will remain on the shelf unmended for sometime to come.

The Browning Revolver is considered by some as one of the finest centre pins ever made.

Back