• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Ebay madness

The Browning Revolver is considered by some as one of the finest centre pins ever made.

tom ,the revolver is a excellent reel ,extreamly well built and equivelent to a mill tackle centrepin (well it would be ,garry mills built the first run of revolver's ,before the production moving east) and too a chris lythe pin so yes it is worth a £400 price tag (and theres no waiting) but its a question as too who's willing to spend that much ,if i had the money and didn't already have two of them (both mind combind cost me less than £300 ,but i was lucky ) i would ,i've seen them go for more on ebay before now .

Edit: it seems £400 is too rich in these times of austerity .it didn't sell .
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/centrepin...sLeisure_Fishing_Reels_JN&hash=item4161bc5cbc

Another point Tom... if you are going to commit highway robbery on ebay, then it might as well be with a revolver :p:D

Cheers, Dave.
dave thats ,the best answer i've seen in ages :D

Last edited:
wow, is that somebody trying daylight robberry,(like the kings new clothes ect) or is it really that rare that it can command that price from a collector?

I tried changing my password and the connection failed so ill have fun trying to recover my acount got in touch with there customer services a message popped up saying there was a massive problem with the log in and there tech team was working on it this will cost them if nobody can log in there will be a lot of angry people

I have to hold my hand up here....I am responsible for the probs on ebay :eek:
For the first time in years I have a shed load of items up for sale on there, and you can guarantee if I do anything like that, it is only a matter of time before the poo hits the fan and all hell lets loose :p

Sorry lads.

Cheers, Dave.

I have to hold my hand up here....I am responsible for the probs on ebay :eek:
For the first time in years I have a shed load of items up for sale on there, and you can guarantee if I do anything like that, it is only a matter of time before the poo hits the fan and all hell lets loose :p

Sorry lads.

Cheers, Dave.

Your going worse Dave:D:D:D:D:D

i know a man from Hull who makes equally good (or possibly better) SC rods for a damn sight less...he dont advertise tho!

Yep, i know the Hull-man as well Darryl and seen some of his work in the flesh, if i ever make my mind up as to what i want i may just drop him a line:):)

Seen them as well. Cracking rods. I know a chap who has two...don't know if he has bent them yet though:);):D (just in case he looks in Tom)

Back