• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Congratulations Keith....

You certainly did it your way, and good enough to share your ideas with us lesser angling mortals. Best and most deserved fish of the year.
Wow

Top angling Keith, no better example of being the shepherd rather than the sheep. Couldn`t have been caught by a more deserving angler.

Mic

I think that this adulation has gone on long enough. It's only a fish after all. It's not as though the Messiah has arrived or that Keith has given birth to it or some other such wonderfull feat. Time to pull the plug on this one.

I must say I have been overwhelmed by the posts on this thread and I must thank you all for your kind comments.

I do have to say I was very VERY lucky, I will be out again tomorrow and I suspect I will blank, if I do it will help me to keep my feet firmly on the ground and place the correct perspective on things.!!

I would take this opportunity to wish you all a happy and prosperous new year.

Tight Lines Chaps.

......'very lucky'

I think someone once said something about a small percentage of anglers catch most of the fish. Lucky? A random event perhaps or something that occurs with infrequency? What's that other quote about luck being a meeting of opportunity and design....

How many captures in so called poor conditions last year?
Which goes to show there is a pattern of absolute consistency mate....

Long live yer 'batty' pin and funny floats ;-)

Great stuff...

Lawman

Keith, I am willing to bet that you have always been the type of angler that was just that bit 'luckier' than the others around you, even in your match fishing days...and the more you practiced, the 'luckier' you got :D

More power to you mate. The time and effort you have put into helping others has earned you every second of the pleasure this fish brings you.

Cheers, Dave.

Absolutely astounding fish caught in conditions that defy belief and in a manner that raises this catch to near art form.

Very well done !

My first post on this forum, what a thread to start on..

What a beautiful fish, well done Keith super angling and such a stunning picture.

A little late but congratulations Keith on a super fish and an excellent bit of angling! Happy New Year.

This is all anyone in the two tackle shops I went into today are talking about, we couldn't decide if it is the Barbel catch of the decade, or ever ,it is an inspiration to everyone. Looking forward to shaking your hand in the spring.

I think that this adulation has gone on long enough. It's only a fish after all. It's not as though the Messiah has arrived or that Keith has given birth to it or some other such wonderfull feat. Time to pull the plug on this one.

He`s not the Messiah, he`s a very naughty boy. :)

I think keith fully deserves all the adulation..perhaps jim you might think different when you catch a barbel of that size..;)

Back