• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Congratulations Keith....

Thanks for the write-up Keith. I'd bet there's a few of us putting rods in the car for a session as a result of that!

Jon

I've only just seen the pics Keith, absolutly stunning ! :eek:
you must be chuffed to bits, made up for you mate.

Ian.

I echo everyone's words.
Great fish!
Great story!
Great feat of angling!
And by all accounts, a great person!

Well done.

Great angling Keith and congrats on a well-earned monster PB.

To think I gave up my ticket for that stretch this season.............:eek:

WOW Keith.....An absolutely amazing barbel.I can only echo all the tributes and superlatives already posted.Excellent photos and write up as well.
Well done Keith.
Very best regards for the New Year.

Pete.

Not much more to say Keith, but absolutely amazing.

Well done

Jon

Application and effort = Results.... and it seems you're a master at applying your know how with deadly efficacy and maximum effort, so you got your deserved result.
Top angling Keith, well done.:)

But what are these secret bait things, maggots??
Surely not the same things that have been long since neglected in favour of pellets and boilies.:rolleyes: :)

I've really enjoyed your posts and pictures this season Keith, but obviously this tops the lot.
Incredible fish, great photos and write up, top angling - many congratulations sir :)

Well done Keith...can't think of any suitable superlative to do your capture justice...but the pictures & your account of it's capature are truely inspiring & have brightened up a very dull day at work!

Kind Regards
Andy

Amazing, well done.

I'm still trying to get my head around landing a 17lb barbel on a 3lb bottom... I can say without doubt that I would have been snapped up!! Amazing angling skill.

The posts of congratulations are growing faster than I can read them!
And rightfully so!

Awesome Keith, very well done

Amazing, 17lb + on such light tackle, my bottle goes if ive got anything under 10lb on my spools. Well done Keith. Inspirational.

Absolute stunner, well done Keith.
Just goes to show you dont need tow rope to get the big girls out, just patience and a lot of skill:D

Alan

Back