• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Congratulations Keith....

What a fantastic fish and very well deserved. I doubt there have been many bigger barbel ever caught on the stick float, let alone with snow on the ground!

Cracking fish from a consistently very fine angler in possibly not the best Barbel conditions!
- it must be that feeding pattern that draws them in.
From his previous posts I know Keith rates that as a vital aspect.
Swim selection and skill (17lb 15oz on 3.2 lb bottom!) also play their part.
Congratulations.

I have simply run out of superlatives with which to describe Keith and his astounding angling results. Sufficient to say that for me this latest catch must rate way up there in terms of angling feats...just rewards for a man who puts so much back into the sport he loves.

Cheers, Dave.

Cracking fish Keith , Just goes to prove that even under the present weather conditions . When there is still snow on the ground and you are prepared to get out there you can still catch . Once again Keith well done

Fish of the year,no question,and FANTASTIC angling,Keith,am gobsmacked to see that beast in these conditions!
Congratulations,I reckon that will be your finest hour ,in all your illustrious fishing career.:)

Pons

Stunning, absolutely stunning. What can you say about that! An awesome specimen, in the snow . . . dare i ask . . on the stick? Absolutely amazing! Well done Keith. :)

More barbel in the snow pics.
Well done to keith for the barbel of a life time catch.

Last edited by a moderator:
stunning fish keith just rewards for going out and trying
again and again. all i can say is he who dares wins

Last edited:
Back