• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Congratulations Keith....

Witness the latest offering from PB which even for him trawls even deeper into the depths of the Abyss.

An Abyss of others' making, Neil (the digging of which, nearly two decades old now, begun first in the Real World then on the Internut as soon as I appeared in person and began posting perfectly harmless and often very helpful stuff on all sorts of fishing sites), and one they must understand will only grow deeper and more difficult for them the more they try it on me.

PS - And, after checking a PM just now, and full-knowing that the Internut sky will duly fall in with much huffing and puffing on account of my breaking the rules by posting it in public, here is proof [Cheers, Neil. Try and get some medication or counselling].

"Your description to Worms and Maggots to folk on here, that was uncalled for.

And you of all people a Christian, a Minister of what ever Church you minister, I hope you take the time to ponder and are big enough and Christian enough to apologise.

Neil"

Abyss?

Yes.

Of others' making.

Last edited:
Lay off, no one I can see on here has nothing but respect and admiration for a fantastic angling feat. The line in the sand was crossed when it became Adoring as in Adulation...and therefore Embarrasing.
Witness the latest offering from PB which even for him trawls even deeper into the depths of the Abyss.
It is still only fishing so please can we have a sense of perspective, and stop this cowardly attack on a fellow member?

Go fishing Neil - you may find it therapeutic.

R.

An Abyss of others' making, Neil (the digging of which, nearly two decades old now, begun first in the Real World then on the Internut as soon as I appeared in person and began posting perfectly harmless and often very helpful stuff on all sorts of fishing sites), and one they must understand will only grow deeper and more difficult for them the more they try it on me.

PS - And, after checking a PM just now, and full-knowing that the Internut sky will duly fall in with much huffing and puffing on account of my breaking the rules by posting it in public, here is proof [Cheers, Neil. Try and get some medication or counselling].

And you of all people a Christian, a Minister of what ever Church you minister, I hope you take the time to ponder and are big enough and Christian enough to apologise.

Neil"

Abyss?

Yes.

Of others' making.

Well will you apologise?

Once again a thread is in jeopardy of requiring some intervention.
Before hitting the 'post reply' button perhaps some should reconsider the content of their reply.
This thread was about a great achievment by a respected angler, but it seems that some of you just can't help yourselves from causing the thread to deteriorate for the majority.

I'm getting to the point where I've had enough of it.......

Fantastic achievement Keith, very many congratulations.

Bob

Could a moderator kindly lock this thread or better still remove the 'slagging' posts first then lock it.

It's becoming embarrassing !!

Duncan.

My first post on here.

I would like to echo what the vast majority of everyone else has said Keith.That is a truly wonderful beast,a very hearty well done to you,a smashing picture too.I have saved it to my mobile,just so I can be reminded whilst I'm blanking what a good angler and specimen snowy winter Barbel look like.

Neil"

Abyss?

Yes.

Of others' making.

From your posts, Paul, it would appear that you are a highly intelligent individual. Convoluted rambling sentences, full of riddles and obscure references might make sense to you but are probably unintelligible to most. The points that you make are of little value, if your points do not come across.
On separate issue, the standard of some of the comments made in your post are little less than a disgrace.

I see no repetition - only many people expressing similar heart-felt congratulations for a superb piece of angling.

Personally, I would imagine Keith to be big & ugly enough to cope without your intervention! ;)

R.

Okay, but the eulogising could have been done in private, much more personal!
Following on from your first point, I'm not sure how many members there are on BFW, but can you see any point in each one of us posting "Happy Xmas" to all BFW members? Just how many posts would this entail and what would be the value? Just one Xmas message to all BFW members would suffice.

Finally, referring to your post following on from this, unnecessary!

Hi men ,

Should NOT be locked off , seen nothing that bad , grown men posting under their own names .

Hatter

Few better than Keith, as I observed pages ago. Shame about the desperate, sniping, "I've got a comp-u-ah and I'm gonna use it to take a pop at someone I feel intimidated and threatened by and so make my miserable existence seem like one worth living" who kick off here given the least chance.

So, a Happy New Year to the Anglers among us here, and extremely grim one to the burrowing Worms and Maggots reading this.

So this line from Paul caused great offence, my advice to the easily offended among us here: Get a life and if you can't work out the meaning of that sentence, go find someone to explain it in terms comprehensible too you!

Many a time Paul's message eludes me but its not exactly hidden this time, unless you choose it to be so.:rolleyes:

Oh Smart-one, what exactly is just up my street? Rather than ruining this thread further a PM might be more in order, that's if you've got a reasonable answer, if not, don't
But publicly, what has Paul got to apologise for?

Hi men ,

Should NOT be locked off , seen nothing that bad , grown men posting under their own names .

Hatter

I can see your point of view and that of Bob Gill in his earlier post. Some of the posts seem to becoming evermore emotionally charged. Bob "hit the nail on the head", think, before hitting the button. If we can have a discussion on a point without personal attacks, then fine. I suspect that irreperable damage may be done to relationships in some of these posts. After all, it's a discussion forum not some gladiatorial battle. If we can't post what we think, assuming that it is not offensive, then it is a sad matter.

Last edited:
Hi men,

Agreed Jim . But if you went down that route people would only do 1 post on a thread, state their point of view, and it could end up boring. It can go to the edge sometimes, but a site of backslapping would die a slow death. It's a shame that the thread has gone off subject , but that's how conversations evolve , thank god !.

I love , bloody love some of the posters , especially those "google" posters . You know the type , link pic , answers , links to other sites , links to links :D, and in my minds eye doing so with their trousers round their ankles getting off doing so.

I hope Keith looks through the thread and has a smile, and takes the congratulations , not that he needs it , looking at the pic should be good enough !.

Hatter

Hi men,

I love , bloody love some of the posters , especially those "google" posters . You know the type , link pic , answers , links to other sites , links to links :D, and in my minds eye doing so with their trousers round their ankles getting off doing so.

Hatter

mark

that really made me laugh , that is just the sort of thing a very good golfing pal of mine would say .

rich

Back