• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

BFW Grayling Fish-In

Just an update for you. I have spoken to Stuart the river keeper, he has been into the Bull at Downton. For anyone that want's to pop into the pub after the fishing, they will do a main meal for £4.95 and anyone who wants B&B they will do it for £25.

It's fishing quite well at the moment. Some nice grayling, dace and chub coming out. Fingers crossed that the weather will hold and conditions will be good.

Stout work Nathan!

I shall check with the Silver Fox as to his preferences?

The opportunity for partaking in a small glass of medium sherry and talking bowlocks with fellow piscators, is indeed tempting!

Graham and I will be staying for a bite after the fishing, I was going to stay over the night before but having re-visited the calendar I worked out that "she who must be obeyed" might get just a little "tetchy" were I to disappear for 24hours!!

Over the years I have gotten away with a lot with my angling escapades, she is as good as gold, but there are certain occasions when I dare not make "other" arrangements!

I am under no illusions as to who wears the trousers; I am of course, master of my own destiny!!

That said would someone be kind enough to pass the cheese!

Graham and I will be staying for a bite after the fishing, I was going to stay over the night before but having re-visited the calendar I worked out that "she who must be obeyed" might get just a little "tetchy" were I to disappear for 24hours!!

Over the years I have gotten away with a lot with my angling escapades, she is as good as gold, but there are certain occasions when I dare not make "other" arrangements!

I am under no illusions as to who wears the trousers; I am of course, master of my own destiny!!

That said would someone be kind enough to pass the cheese!

You and me both mate, the 14th Feb is sacred :)

I am away on the night of both the 14th and 15th with the missus blessing:) Hang on a minute perhaps she's found someone else:confused: ........ will get a bit more time for fishing if she has:D

Booked myself into the Bull - if it gets a bit warmer I might even be tempted to drag myself out of the bar and do some fishing ;)

Up until today I was making this and really looking forward to it. But unfortunately work has got in the way yet again. Really disappointed to be missing it have a good day.
Regards Clive

Last 3 comments before Keiths.

Rumbled..............:D

Shippo shame you can't make it.

Mark. oi'll have a cider.

Graham

Hi guys, just back from a trip to Wales.

Looks like a reasonable turnout, maybe about 15-20.

I will phone Stuart on Monday for an update on the river conditions. I hope it won't be like the Wye today; almost bank high and chocolate coloured!

Shame you can't make it Shippo, maybe another time.

Rather not know ...... in my mind it has been fishing reaaly well and we are all goiing to catch lots and have a good day :rolleyes:

Ian. Its going to be ****.

Flood water of a horrible brown Colour.

Cars washed into the river,

Crooky missing a step and falling in and being washed downstream and blocking a salmon pass

Luke thinking its on the Kennet and fishing with YAC baits.

Its a nightmare

ps. Keith, have we still got that swim saved??

Back