• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

BFW Grayling Fish-In

Nathan Walter

Andy has given us permission to hold the inaugural BFW grayling fish-in.

The venue will be Britford on the Hampshire Avon near Salisbury. The cost is £10 per person, tickets sold on the bank.

For anyone who doesn't know the venue it is controlled by London Anglers Association. It is a very famous stretch of the Avon renowned for its quality roach fishing.

There is also a very healthy head of grayling to upper '2s', plus good chub and dace.

I'm sure, given the right conditions, we should get plenty of fish.

I'm thinking of dates in January or February. I particularly would like to go for a midweek day, ideally a Wednesday. Obviously midweek will be a lot quieter.

I will speak to the River Keeper to discuss logistics and costs.

Anyone that is interested, please indicate below with names. Once a date and prices have been confirmed I'll update you.

I'm in!

Can we all meet up and have a massive fuel up at a garage with one pump and charge it all to the buisness ?

Cheers Steve, I'm more than happy to contribute to fuel mate.

Can we put the maggots through the business?:)

I'm in - after my last attempt at Hampshire Grayling fishing, I feel I need the practice :D

Any room for one more, Steve? Happy to buy you a large pizza in return :p

Interested but date dependent, great initiative though.
Anyone interested in going from the Brum area PM me for car share...I have a big motor so can get a couple of people plus kit in and share fuel costs.

Last edited:
I'll have a go too!!

Always liked Britford, home of some stonking Roach!

Back