• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

BFW Grayling Fish-In

By the way ... I have special permission from the bailiff to throw a dead mackere,l bristling with treble hooks, into any swim I fancy .... occupied or not:cool:

Unfortunately looks like workload will mean that I can't make it, best of luck to you all.

Anyone know what the rivers been fishing like? I see there is no rain forecast between now and wednesday.
Looking forward to it.

No, shut up, we don't want to know, nothing worse than going fishing having been tld it's fishing ****, equally questioning your personal ability all day because you are told it has been fishing well but it isn't on the day. This time of year it can change from on day to the next so would just prefer to just get there and fish my way and see what comes :)

Perhaps during the early morning cuppa that Nathan is providing:p ..... we should make a human sacrifice to the great Grayling god ...... bags not me:D

good luck on wednesday everyone im sure will be a good day
was hoping to see the few faces that i know and meet a few more that i didnt
but due to last minute work commitments i cant make it
ive never fished/caught a grayling before so was really looking forward to it...
ill have to try by myself in a week or so when this rush job at work is over

Perhaps during the early morning cuppa that Nathan is providing:p ..... D

Ay yes, you just need to bring your own cup, spoon, milk, hot water oh and some coffee and I'll do the rest. :D

No, all taken care of. Tea and coffee from say 7.30. Start fishing at 7.35...or maybe about 8ish. Oh and there's a drop of brandy or a nice malt for the real men. I'll be there from about 7ish.

Guys I would appreciate it if you could all take a few photos throughout the day and then we can post something up on here at some point. Email me them at some point this week.

Last edited:
Good luck to all attending, have a great day. Would loved to have been there, but its just too far. Look forward to the reports/photos. :)

Can anyone give me a postcode and a few basic directions ? I'll be coming down the M3 from london direction. Any idea how long it takes from M25/M3 junction ? thanks

I've not been 100% sure about whether I could get the time off, but I'm now able to come along (subject to finishing my current project today!). I'd have liked to have stayed overnight but need to get back, but I've no doubt I'll manage an hour or two in the pub afterwards. ;)

Looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow and having a bash at those grayling!

Just noticed there are 3 stretches there, Bridge Farm, Rectory Farm and Old River. Are we just on the Bridge Farm stretch or can we fish any of them? I only ask now in case we are late and miss the meet up.

Andy, basically you can access all of the fishery from Bridge Farm, some of it is a bit of a hike, but there is a decent carperk there and is ideal for a meet up ! Head for the Old River if you are after Grayling...............The 'New River' at Bridge Farm is home to some BIG Roach and Dace, a few elusive Barbel and some good Chub. I'm guessing that most of the lads will be on the Old River. Should be in good nick, and most of it should be fishable (water meadows flood when we get a lot of rain).
Good luck all, sadly I will be unable to attend as I am suffering with Knee Problems and cant chance aggrivating it further (Chalky banks are notoriously slippery and stodgy when wet !).
Take plenty of maggots lads and keep the feed going in steadily ! It can take a while to build a swim, but the rewards can be very good ! It's not and easy fishery, but a wonderful place to fish and there's FAR too much to cover in one day ! The Keeper Stuart is a great source of info !
Have Fun !
Regards Paul M.

Thanks Paul.

See you all in the morning boys. I've spoken to Stuart today and conditions are good, the rest is up to you, as they say. :D

Hi Guys,
I fish a bit so if your Satnav takes Cordinates this will take you to the carpark
N 51 Degs, 03 Mins, 17
W 01 Degs, 46mins, 40
You should have a good day
Regards
Dave

Thanks Nathan for a well organised day and the morning teas ! Great meeting everyone, I think next time we should all stay overnight so beers can be partaken, leaving the Bull for the drive home was a wrench.

Back