For years we have only had the two design options of barbed and barbless hooks, but now we have a genuine third alternative which we know will give the user huge advantages over these historic designs. Like all Pallatrax products they have been especially designed for their true environmental benefits alongside angler satisfaction.
Made from superior grade Japanese wire, the major innovation is the introduction of a series of minute horizontal grooves on the inside of the specially designed arrow-shaped ‘cutting’ hook point. These grooves provide a secure hold in the fish’s mouth when pressure is applied. As soon as the pressure is removed the hook returns to a barbless format allowing for easy and safe removal.
- A patented new hook design with unique grooves that give a firm hook hold under pressure.
- A versatile hook pattern for specimen through to match angling tactics.
- Designed with a wide gape between point and shank.
- An aggressive in-turned beak and arrow-shaped hook point. The in-turned beak also protects from point damage within rocky bottoms.
- Hooks sizes 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14 & 16.
- Successfully used within both pop-up and bottom bait presentations.
- High quality range of hair rigs, made in the UK, and available with Steamlink, Braid & Fluorocarbon hook lengths.
- Easily and safely removed when pressure released.
- The arrow-shaped ‘cutting point’ is incredibly sharp and will stay sharp through multiple captures.
- Chemically sharpened and dull finish.
- International award-winning for fish and fishery safety.
- More fish-friendly than barbed hooks e.g. no more trailed rigs or tethering in the event of a line break.
- Far superior hook hold compared to barbless hooks e.g. no hook slippage, movement or tearing during the fight.