• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Winter suites.......

Iv already tried it lol, just couldn't bring myself to buy it having already bought one it's ashame really because that could have been the one for me. ;)

I can lend you the shirt, bow tie and cuff links if you want to give it a real go Wayne :D Just be sure to give the boots a wipe with a rag to add that final touch of panache :p

Cheers, Dave.

I can lend you the shirt, bow tie and cuff links if you want to give it a real go Wayne :D Just be sure to give the boots a wipe with a rag to add that final touch of panache :p

Cheers, Dave.

That would be brilliant il send you a pm with my address don't forget to put your address for return of the upcoming fishing suit :D!! Iv got some fantastic boot cleaning tackle what mr sheen has gave me so I'm ok with that ;) lol.

Trakker Tundra suit had the severest test it's likely to receive, on the Tidal Trent today in truly appalling conditions, and came through with flying colours. For £99 it really is outstanding value.

I traded a couple of old rods , my dads pole and an old seatbox in at tackle shop and got wychwood solace suit for free , tried salopettes on wedsnday and lovely and warm didnt try jacket as was not cold enough but well impressed and suspect it will get a sterner test before spring

I've owned the Tundra since October and I have to say i'm very disappointed with mine. It has developed a fault with the zip on the hood and the sallopettes. Considering i've worn it a dozen or more times I've probably been a little unlucky you could say :rolleyes:.
Some other observations if I may on this suit. It is not beathable in anyway. I'm sure I read it was on a review, but now I cannot find that particular review :eek:. Must have been a late night too many wines moment. :D
Well a breathable suit is pretty important to me if you have a meduim to long walk to your swim or you like to rove, so a big mistake on my part.
Another thing you will notice while you are sitting there all cosy is that the heat from your body will cause moisture build-up on the inside of the suit. This is especially evident when you put your hands in the none lined pockets. Obviously then you start getting cold.
A couple of other minor issues I had is that the sallopette braces are not elastic, which takes getting used to, as they dig into your shoulders when you stand up off your chair. I'm under 6' and the brace are adjusted as large as possible.
Also the hood isn't designed well. My head is average sized, yet the hood is designed fit....i'm not sure what....it's way too large.
This suit is IMO obviously aimed at the carp angler, where you can park behind your swim and shelter from the eliments. If you fish for barbel in a similar way then this suit will suite you.

My tundra has been returned. Now waiting for an Igloo. Just hope it will suite or is it suit.:p

Paul

Last edited:
Paul - i read your post with interest. Perhaps i was a little hasty in unequivically receommending the Trakker Tundra. Having read a couple of threads on other forums doubting whether they were properly waterproof, i was very pleased that, in the most extreme conditions, it kept me dry, and hence my post.

While i don't have any problem with the hood and the braces straps, i agree that it most definitely isn't breathable. Having only owned one suit previously, the korum one, my expectations for breathability are low and arriving at a distant peg dripping in sweat i believed to be an occupational hazard.

If there is a suit out there which is genuinely breathable and would prevent this i will happily spend money on one.

Hi men,

I have a now discontinued sundridge minus10 suit . God know how old it is , but it's been really good . Sue uses the jacket still , but I have the bib and brace . It's taken all that thrown at it , great bit of kit . Due to it still being a quality suit , I went for an Igloo suit from BFW classified , at £50 was a bargain , immaculate .

Sue now has the Diem heavy tech trousers for warmth , and my son James has the heavy tech jacket . This jacket comes highly recommended , designed like snowboarders gear it has a fantastic zip out fleese , leaving a pukka alround jacket . Underarm zips for quick evaporation of sweat when walking , and a snow skirt inside to stop draughts . The lads in my local shop wear these, and they have a choice !!.

I have the light tech Diem jacket for milder days , and bloody love it ,

Hatter

I'd highly recommend these if you ain't too fussed about it being camo or anything, always keeps me warm and dry in even the coldest conditions and has got handy heavy duty knee pads, ideal for kneeling on wet ground when unhooking fish. This was the cheapest I found, but got mine cheaper some years ago, never let me down.

Dickies Waterproof Padded Overalls - WP15000

I'd highly recommend these if you ain't too fussed about it being camo or anything, always keeps me warm and dry in even the coldest conditions and has got handy heavy duty knee pads, ideal for kneeling on wet ground when unhooking fish. This was the cheapest I found, but got mine cheaper some years ago, never let me down.

Rhys,
Iv had this suit for a few years just about on its last legs now but I use it for work and for when I do a short session on my local never let me down well worth the money, very warm and waterproof it lasted me all through the bad snow at work last year and kept me feeling warm and comfortable!

Hi Rhys,

I can see no mention of these being breathable in the add....and they surely would say they were, if they were. Do you not find you get sweated up, with wetness on the inside of the suit whenever you walk any distance or whatever wearing these?

Cheers, Dave.

I don't to be fair, but then I've never worn them for really long treks, and only really wear them when its too cold for barbel! Use it for pike fishing more than anything.
Wayne would no doubt give you a better answer as he works in them.

Hi Rhys,

I can see no mention of these being breathable in the add....and they surely would say they were, if they were. Do you not find you get sweated up, with wetness on the inside of the suit whenever you walk any distance or whatever wearing these?

Cheers, Dave.

Hi Dave,
This suit is not very breathable but isnt at all as bad as some Its never gathered sweat on the inside and stays waterproof alot longer than most waterproof clothing, not very good for walking a long distance with the tackle but it's certainly well worth the money Iv only really sweated when the cold mornings turn into bright shiny days as expected but I can't really have any qualms for the price and I got mine for £35 a few years ago which tbh it's worth £35 of anyone's money mate.
Regards
Wayne

Thanks Rhys and Wayne,

Certainly sounds exceptional value for money, even when the price on the link (once the VAT is added) is almost double what you paid Wayne. Definitely one to keep in mind.

Cheers, Dave.

Thanks Rhys and Wayne,

Certainly sounds exceptional value for money, even when the price on the link (once the VAT is added) is almost double what you paid Wayne. Definitely one to keep in mind.

Cheers, Dave.

It is unbelievable value for money mate, I would happily pay £60 quid for it got a couple of zipped pockets for keys and phone and the legs zip all the way up to the top of the legs which means the inside will stay clean when putting it on over the boots, with velcro fastening over the zip to keep the rain out. I can Deffinately reccomend it Dave
Regards

I've just bought some new winter gear having researched many things online. To be honest I've had a lot of the fishing brands down the years and IMHO most of it is rubbish. If I'm sat in a boat pike fishing or on the river in a downpour I need something decent. A lot of the fishing gear is warm, really warm, but can't withstand much of the wet stuff. I've invested in some hunting attire thats breathable and waterproof. It wasn't cheap guys but I reckon I've spent £400 on sub standard stuff over the years.

Cheers Ian

Last edited:
Oh the irony :rolleyes:

The stitching on my salopettes ripped off so they are hanging on by a thread in normal use today (Trakker Tundra) so i am in the market for another winter suit :rolleyes: Any ideas ;)

Back