• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Winter suites.......

Chris, you are right to point this out. Spelling has never been a strength of mine. Mind you, nor has angling ;) :D
Admins, please can you correct the subject title so we don't mislead folk further. :eek:

So are you saying I can spell :p

Conrad, you haven't seen me fish the last couple of weeks. :eek:

See you've got loads of good advice already mate but I'll stick my oar in! Recently got a drennan e-sox 3 piece winter suit, it's not cheap (shop around you'll get one for £130) but it's nice and warm with a removable quilted inner jacket. You don't sweat yourself stupid on the way to your swim either as it's fully breathable.
Used to use Sundridge suits and they are really good but one thing used to get on my nerves was all the velcro! Drennan ones got press studs so you don't have the problem of sticking to yourself!:)

Yep, many thanks for the suggestions chaps. The Trakker Tundra does look a good buy (cheers Wayne). However, i'm going to look into layering up as suggested by a few wise anglers. Reason being I do like to move about in the winter months especially once it gets too cold for barbel.

Paul

PS. Can the mods please correct my spelling mistake on the subject line. Pretty please.

Last edited:
Mods, if you do correct Pauls spelling, would you please delete my post as well! I'm not sure that anybody actually twigged my risible jokelet anyway :eek: but if the spelling is corrected it'll make no sense whatsoever!:D

Cheers Cliff, I haven't found a bad word said about this suit yet. So I decided to buy the igloo 5 over the 6, mainly because I could remove the inner lining.
Paul

Just been told they are out of stock....:(
Anyone know where I can pick up an Igloo 5. Climax are out.

I've just purchased a new suit - the Trakker tundra. It seems very good value at £100 for full suit including detachable fleece. It feels a lovely bit of kit, having spent 3 winters in the Korum one it's nice to be able to move freely! We'll see, of course, how well it stands up to the rigours of a winter's fishing.

Had a look at a few others including the Prologic but the Trakker appeared to be the best quality. And it is not camo ;)

I'v just bought the series 7 bib n brace, just had two very windy days on the Tidal Trent and couldn't feel the slightest of drafts,cant comment on the waterproof qualities but first impressions are good. Pair this with my jacket(see link below)which I have tested in the worst of conditions and has passed with flying colours I think i have it sorted.

http://www.montane.co.uk/products/men/extreme/resolute-smock/281

I've just purchased a new suit - the Trakker tundra. It seems very good value at £100 for full suit including detachable fleece. It feels a lovely bit of kit, having spent 3 winters in the Korum one it's nice to be able to move freely! We'll see, of course, how well it stands up to the rigours of a winter's fishing.

Had a look at a few others including the Prologic but the Trakker appeared to be the best quality. And it is not camo ;)

Graham, i've just purchased the same suit from my local tackle shop in Woodley. I just couldn't find an Igloo 5 in my size.
The Tundra does seem well made. One criticism I have is that the bib n brace straps could be improved upon and made longer or I need to shrink a little :eek:

Last edited:
Dave, you're not wrong there. Nevermind....keep them coming.. need a laugh :D

I went for the DFS 3 piece suite plus I got 4 years interest free credit and a free poof.

Last edited:
Back