• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Winter suites.......

Iv heard fantastic reports about the tundra and Seen the video etc. was planning on getting one at the weekend But does anyone think there's a warmer waterproof suit out there for £100??
Regards

I prefer the layers method, I had a good look att Climax and didnt really find the perfect outer wear, so I had a look at the local shooting shop in Mexbrough, which relly opened my eyes to some quality gear and came out wih some top drawer Seeland attire, that suits my base layers approach.

Seeland gear Jon, hope you hid the receipts from the wife as I was looking at some today and while the quality looked excellent the price tag made me gag. Still came away with some muckboots I'd been after for ages.

the one you gotta watch out for with the suits is breathable,, if its not breatheable after one hour in yer chair yer arse will be wet through, ive now got the trakker apg jackal salopettes, and theyre brilliant, only trouble for me is they only go up to 3xl and i could do with the 4xl,but i like fishing clothes to be really roomy and bury me,think i may get the jacket to match these though if its anything like the salopettes, i know theyl be good in summer and the harshest winters, cant recommend them enough.

Seeland gear Jon, hope you hid the receipts from the wife as I was looking at some today and while the quality looked excellent the price tag made me gag. Still came away with some muckboots I'd been after for ages.

It was her idea to get them, think a nice meal is on the cards though this weekend. I ended up with the gamekeeper erase xt jacket and maybe the trousers in a xmas box, I hope.

a winter suit to keep you right

Attachments

• tundra.jpg
    tundra.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 273
are those suits fully breathable wayne ?,am thinking of investing in 1 ,does it come with the ted bundy mask:eek:

Wayne, have I seen you doing a post office in that on crime watch, what's that hotline number again? ;)

Iv not really tried it out to its full extent as I only got it last week but I read reviews about it and hav'nt come across any reviews that says its not breatheable. As goes for value for money IMO I don't thin there's a better bit of kit out there for £100, Iv had the balaclava a few year lol.
Lol I could probably get away with doing a bank job :):):).
It's sure fact I won't be cold in the winter though lads

Michael, I own one now and they are breathable to an extent, but nowhere near as breathable as my old TFG Force 8. I wouldn't want to walk any distance in it. Once the temperature drops I doubt I will be complaining as I will be glad of the extra warmth it provides. Seen them for £80 if you shop around.
Paul

Michael, I own one now and they are breathable to an extent, but nowhere near as breathable as my old TFG Force 8. I wouldn't want to walk any distance in it. Once the temperature drops I doubt I will be complaining as I will be glad of the extra warmth it provides. Seen them for £80 if you shop around.
Paul

eBay £80 aswel ;)

just looked at the tracker catalog there's no mention of breathability ,which if it was the companies like to let it be known.there's another suit in the catalog same page praising the breathability of the more expensive suit;) but it might do me as i do very little walking and do the bait n wait job weather its a days fishing or a 2 nighter:)

Just to let anyone know who's got the trakker tundra and not tried it yet, I'm currently sat on the bankside in it and not at all cold the temp is -1 however it is not a suit to do any roving it's the suit for stationary fishing as its too bulky and heavy for roving salopette straps could have done with been a touch longer aswel.......Tested
Regards

Just to let anyone know who's got the trakker tundra and not tried it yet, I'm currently sat on the bankside in it and not at all cold the temp is -1 however it is not a suit to do any roving it's the suit for stationary fishing as its too bulky and heavy for roving salopette straps could have done with been a touch longer aswel.......Tested
Regards

i bought the wychwood solace suit 85 quid as it was breathable and a nice weight, fished in them winds and frost early dec and was very comfy with just a thermal vest and bottoms underneath on a 2 nighter :)good luck with he fishing wayne

i bought the wychwood solace suit 85 quid as it was breathable and a nice weight, fished in them winds and frost early dec and was very comfy with just a thermal vest and bottoms underneath on a 2 nighter :)good luck with he fishing wayne

Nothing better than been comfy late, I like to test things out and the temp went to -4 and I was still sat outside on my chair all night, but it wasn't barbel I was after I was trying to tempt a 1 of about 10 carp all above 20 hooking one but lost it to a near by snag. Thanks Same to you mate.

Hi Wayne

Try this one ...... you may get cold and wet but you will look bloody good:D

suit.jpg

Iv already tried it lol, just couldn't bring myself to buy it having already bought one it's ashame really because that could have been the one for me. ;)

Back