• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Welcome to the NEW BFW forums

Hi Andy and the Team,

Many thanks for your kind invite.

The very best of luck for the new venture, I'm sure it will be a great success.

My own belief is that we are entering a new and exciting phase with regard angling and the Internet, the initial phase or shall we say decade has passed and it will be very interesting watching and participating in the new developments.

Best Regards,

Steve.

Evening muckers. Nice to see new forum. Strange as this is the second new one I've re-joined today as my club is "going through change". Unfortunatly I see Steve Kimpton is a member...:p.

Morning All,

Good luck with this Andy! Thanks for the invite!

I like the "Junior Member" bit......Pons & GE..."Juniors"...Come on boys! Fess up.....you are both over 18 and you know it!!! :D

Lets hope the spirit and camaraderie return in abundance!

Cheers

Huw "Dorset Taff"

Hi Huw,
Long time no speak .

Wos mean ,me and old Elliot woz in S Club Juniors and X Factor.

Hope you are still catching a few.

I think this board will return to the good old days,I for one absolutely hated the faceless cowardly cyber trolls who never actually left the keyboard to go fishing .

Best regards,
Chris ,aka ,The Pons

Evening all....well it is here:)

Thanks for the invite....even though I am on the other side of the world I still look in on the old site to see how my old friends (and sometimes adversaries:D) are getting on.

I will hope to contribute where I can but it probably won't be about barbel very much.

anyway...hello to all and good luck with this new venture

Cahal

hello

1st i would like to thank Andy and the Team for enabling myself to be a member of the new bfw forum,

OK guys and gals, looking forward to watching and assisting in the new forum
growing into another great successful site, lets hope some if not all of the vanished names reappear on the new forum, :)
John

Last edited:
Evening muckers. Nice to see new forum. Strange as this is the second new one I've re-joined today as my club is "going through change". Unfortunatly I see Steve Kimpton is a member...:p.

Robert, thanks for the kind words mate...:p.......have you lost all those feeders yet........;)

Many thanks for the invitation chaps.
I'm sure this is a great step to the quality content we used to enjoy on here a few years ago.

Good luck :)

Ian

Hi folks... nice to be here! Thanks for the invite Andy. Looks great. Hope this works well!

Chris

Aka Jackfoxy

Nice to see Tom Rigby here. Not a man I have met, but the one responsible for getting me to join BFW several years ago. He had seen that some fella (whom I didn't know and who is now dead) who had been abusing me on another forum had joined BFW, only to continue his online abuse with his very first posting. Tom contacted me through a fly fishing forum on which I was liked, listened to and very high profile at the time, to tell me about some site called "Barbel Fishing World"....

So I joined, and, now, several years later, here we are again. Hi, Tom!

Hi Andy and the team.
Thanks for the invite,and thanks for providing the opportunity to share knowledge with like minded people.
Good luck and tight lines to all.
Ken

Many thanks for the invite, Hope all goes well and there will be some interesting and informative post like the past.

Wishing you all a merry christmas
Martin

Already looking and feeling good on here.

Best of of luck with it Andy, Claire etc...and thanks for all the work you continue to put into this venture.

Thanks for the invite Andy and the rest of the BFW crew.

I've also been away for a long time for the reasons cited and look forward to the start of a new old BFW ;)

Matt

Back