• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Tackle Theft

I don't know Neil, but I read his original post and don't think he meant it to come across as it did.

Nothing nasty or vile, just a silly comment imo

I have had some dealings with Neil in the past. I can pretty well guarantee that Neil did not mean to offend. I believe that Neil was making a quip about his standing in the fishing World. Without a shadow of doubt Neil, like the rest of us on here, find this sort of theft disgusting. Unfortunately, sometimes, things are said, the interpretation of which were never intended - we've all done it and it can be difficult to explain the situation without getting deeper and deeper in the mire.

Lewis,
If they took the rod rest head my dad made for him back in the 80's let me know.I have a spare one he's more than welcome to.

Jason

I have had some dealings with Neil in the past. I can pretty well guarantee that Neil did not mean to offend. I believe that Neil was making a quip about his standing in the fishing World. Without a shadow of doubt Neil, like the rest of us on here, find this sort of theft disgusting. Unfortunately, sometimes, things are said, the interpretation of which were never intended - we've all done it and it can be difficult to explain the situation without getting deeper and deeper in the mire.

That I was Jim, as harsh as that is to come to terms with Jim :( I feel as I have stolen every ones Christmas robbed them of their next p.b and indeed I am a Cad of the worst type.

But at least I have a few friends that make huge allowances for me, and for that I am grateful, however I must say that some of us need to have a reality check.

Thank's Jim:)

Hells bells this threads getting well and truly revved up . Don't know Neil and have no reason to stick up for him ,but the way I read it all he was saying was that he was a nobody in the fishing world , i.e. not famous so he was unlikely to get burgled unlike poor Jan Porter who is an angling celeb . I don't think he mean't any harm at all . And so to bed perchance to dream.....

thats the thing, people presume things, noisey neighbours that argue all the time,you hear all the time, you just ignor it, until you find out next day, someone died, ??????
, then in your mind, your thinking, i should have rung the police,
i may have stopped that from happening, but then the people who cause all the trouble start calling you grass, ?????? catch 22, should i, or should nt i

Tackle gets pinched. It happens. Its often heart breaking.

All we can do is get people to look out for the items if they are specific or marked as suggested earlier.

Keep an eye on ebay chaps and Lewis, it would help if you can detail any specific items that sre not commonly available to the general public.

Chris and Neil. Grow up and think before you post. Its embarassing and Neil, you do it too often..

Im sorry but that was what I've said from my original post graham, and ive offered the services of an expert. And warned people about buying second hand tackle. Dont start preaching to me about growing up fella. Chhers for the repeat post, perhaps read the whole post next time.!

thats the thing, people presume things, noisey neighbours that argue all the time,you hear all the time, you just ignor it, until you find out next day, someone died, ??????
, then in your mind, your thinking, i should have rung the police,
i may have stopped that from happening, but then the people who cause all the trouble start calling you grass, ?????? catch 22, should i, or should nt i

Crikey, where do you live Eddie? The Bronx? :eek:

Comes across as a really nice guy,and the scumbags deserve to have their
hands cut off........but Jan should have shown more common sense,than to shove thousands of pounds worth of gear in a padlocked shed/garage:mad::mad:

Last edited:
Sorry got to say this but BFW is really going to the dogs people going over board on comments this site is soon to be deleted from my history i think there was me thinking we were all like minded barbel anglers WRONG it seem that comments made in jest are taken completely out of proportion and then we as anglers start to have ago at each other sorry people i think even though bad that jans lose of tackle is more important than the petty arguments that are going on now this is the second time ive seen this happen in the last month or so come on people get a grip lets unite as anglers and not spend are time bitching at each other all the time

Howard that's the problem i now so many anglers that keep there fishing tackle in there sheds due to the no space inside the house the smell so on so forth mine kept in mine but to get to mine shed you have to run the gauntlet of a German Sheppard that's the difference and he does not take prisoners that's for sure

Tom dove also fell victim to this shocking spell of tackle theft last week!!

David,as ive said J.P comes across as a real nice guy,but he currently has
a video on line telling all he collects loads of gear,and he also uses facebook,
not a good idea IMO.
Ive only a two bed bungalow,but one bedroom has most of my tackle in,as
over the last 60 years of fishing ive heard to many tales from folk who have lost gear from sheds/garages.So the only gear in my garage is spare cheap rods fishing bag and bait/and the thieves would have to move an alarmed car from
the garage door to gain entry

Last edited:
To be fair though, I think the would-be tackle liberator would not need to rely on the media, social or otherwise, to work out that well known anglers probably have a great deal of expensive fishing stuff somewhere on their premises. I have never seen pictures of Lewis Hamilton's garage but, reading between the lines, I would imagine it contains a few pretty cars.

I have been burgled (at night with the family sleeping soundly upstairs) and have had tackle taken from the boot of my car when it was parked right outside the house. I felt a degree of culpability when I reflected on what happened and have taken more care in how and where I store things.

Graham

Neil his not meant to reply to the thread so why keep it going ?

Because I hadn't seen Ians post, I thought it right to point out that not everyone has or can afford insurance, my post wasn't meant to "keep it going" if you look you will see that the post by Ian was made while I was typing mine

I have never seen pictures of Lewis Hamilton's garage but, reading between the lines, I would imagine it contains a few pretty cars.

True but Lewis don't live anywhere near thieving thugs,and his property in Monte Carlo is like fort Knox:D:D

I have never seen pictures of Lewis Hamilton's garage but, reading between the lines, I would imagine it contains a few pretty cars.

True but Lewis don't live anywhere near thieving thugs,and his property in Monte Carlo is like fort Knox:D:D

I suspect that depends on your perspective on those that reside in Monte Carlo.

I suspect that depends on your perspective on those that reside in Monte Carlo.

1. Monte Carlo -- With a police force that numbers about one officer for every one hundred residents and a twenty-four hour video surveillance system that spans the entire principality, the whole country is secure. This is the type of place where you can feel safe strolling along the streets on your own and if you decide to stop for a bite on your walk, you're in luck. Since Monaco caters to the wealthy, Monte Carlo's food is not only hygienic, but is some of the finest in the world..

Back