• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Stolen tackle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Williams

Can everyone, especially the midlands lads, keep an eye out for a Mark Tunley 11ft 1 3/4tc Barbel rod on a Harrison blank, finished in brown.

This rod is brand new and unused.

Stolen from Shropshire late last week or over the weekend and probably destine for a car boot sale somewhere localish.....

This is part of 3k worth of tackle taken in a very professional looking break-in.

Any info gratefully received....;)

Steve

Can everyone, especially the midlands lads, keep an eye out for a Mark Tunley 11ft 1 3/4tc Barbel rod on a Harrison blank, finished in brown.

This rod is brand new and unused.

Stolen from Shropshire late last week or over the weekend and probably destine for a car boot sale somewhere localish.....

This is part of 3k worth of tackle taken in a very professional looking break-in.

Any info gratefully received....;)

Steve

If it was going to be sold locally Steve it would be down the Rabbit run but my bet is that it will be warehoused in a lock up until the thieves have a van full and it will end up being sold the other end of the country.

Exactly...barstewards.

Cheers, Dave.

I did jury service years ago and the accused was part of a gang who were robbing sheds and out buildings on farms for garden, equipment ride on lawn mowers etc and storing them in a rented barn along with stolen 4x4s and horse boxes.
When they had enough they loaded the horse boxes with the garden equipment and set off in a convoy up the A5 to Hollyhead, onto the ferry and passed it on to the distribution network in Ireland.

The police picked them up as they went to board the ferry.

Shocking, and what would seem to be a custom made rod. If only we could have ten minutes with the thieves I don't think they would steal again ever

I did jury service years ago and the accused was part of a gang who were robbing sheds and out buildings on farms for garden, equipment ride on lawn mowers etc and storing them in a rented barn along with stolen 4x4s and horse boxes.
When they had enough they loaded the horse boxes with the garden equipment and set off in a convoy up the A5 to Hollyhead, onto the ferry and passed it on to the distribution network in Ireland.

The police picked them up as they went to board the ferry.

I would lay money of some of those caught being of no fixed abode?

Nothing like a sweeping social statement to bump up a thread - albeit for a good cause. I take it you're not habitually a betting man, Damian?

Sorry to read about the theft, Steve.

Yes, I too am sorry to read about the theft Steve. Keep your ears to the ground locally because whilst there may be occasionally organised groups do the rounds, invariably they're not.

Damian

Shocking, and what would seem to be a custom made rod. If only we could have ten minutes with the thieves I don't think they would steal again ever

Well said Patrick, I don't think the general public have any idea of the hurt and heartache the theft of fishing tackle causes.

We are as "human beings" to soft on those that destroy people's lives Saudi Arabia have the right idea

We are as "human beings" to soft on those that destroy people's lives Saudi Arabia have the right idea

Steady on Patrick...if we cut all the tackle thieves hands off for their sins, we would have another massive increase of people on benefits...in this case, disability benefits.

Hmmmm, just been thinking about it, and realised these scum are undoubtedly on benefits already, so carry on chap :D

Cheers, Dave.

Negative David. Anyone caught abusing the law gets an immediate ban of benefits for ten years

Bring back decimation.

If all the courts were monitored in real time the judge could simply hit a button, guilty or not guilty and the computer could keep score......Every tenth person found guilty of a crime could then be summarily executed............Simple.

Saudi treatment of law breakers, do you think that is the way forward Pat?
What sort of punishments would you list for crimes?

Destroying people lives from fishing tackle theft would start the ball rolling all the way down to mass murder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back