• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Photos of river scenes

DSCI0784.JPG

Here`s a few more I found
I first fished Dobbs Weir when I was about 6 year sold with my Dad we used to stay in a caravan site on the opposite side of the weir across the road. Barbel wasn`t the target then we fished for anything.
27062008047.jpg
IMAG0005.jpg
IMAG0006.jpg

I was their about 7 years ago and was told the caravan site was closing and the land had been sold
I took these pictures about 7 years ago still looked amazing
Gary

Was just downstream today, at Fishers Green.
50 yrs ago both venues were relatively clear, now they're like jungles.
The fishing hasn't improved.
Unless you like fishing for one bite every few weeks for one abnormally large fish, Barbel or Chub.
Did possibly see/hear an Otter, maybe a deer. Green eyes?
There is supposedly an otter on fishers green with no back legs !! Not sure how true the story is though ... and yeah the fishing is tough.... but it’s a nice place to be blanking

Photos taken today.This bit of the Thames is on my doorstep and you would think there must be a Barbel lurking around, but I have to say the few all night sessions I've done here over the last few seasons have only produced chub.Wind the clock back 10 to 20 years and the Barbel would have been here.Other stretches I have to travel to do produce fish but this new season as well as the mighty Thames will be going back to my local RK
20190510_195416.jpg
20190510_195335.jpg
20190510_194935.jpg
20190510_194645.jpg

Back