• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Photos of river scenes

That looks daunting Paul!
This one was bill and rising
E2D41D05-9C37-4282-AD82-47716928D43A.jpeg
3DE8D2C4-56C7-4EA7-B91D-815BCCC88B37.jpeg

I appreciate she’s carrying quiet a drop of extra water but I always imagined St Pats as a much smaller water. Any idea how much extra would have been on under the conditions in the picture?
Probably at the same time, this picture shows a view upstream from the bridge, the "lake" in the background beyone the fence is a field :eek:

pats_flood01.jpg

Dave will estimate I'm sure, but yes it's a small southern river and will flood it's banks in places with just a foot of extra water. Not like a big river like the Trent which can rise by 8ft and still be contained. (A generalisation but you get the gist?)

Probably at the same time, this picture shows a view upstream from the bridge, the "lake" in the background beyone the fence is a field :eek:

View attachment 8009

Dave will estimate I'm sure, but yes it's a small southern river and will flood it's banks in places with just a foot of extra water. Not like a big river like the Trent which can rise by 8ft and still be contained. (A generalisation but you get the gist?)
Thanks Paul...sounds like it reacts like The Medway.

Strewth Paul, that’s a good ‘un!
Out of interest what make of tripod have you got, looks well sturdy.
That was quite a few years ago bill, sold by fishing republic as a river pod I believe, I currently have a pro logic 4 rod sky pod, but rarely use a pod these days, as I much prefer to fish off bank sticks now, best of luck to you for the new season, Paul...

That was quite a few years ago bill, sold by fishing republic as a river pod I believe, I currently have a pro logic 4 rod sky pod, but rarely use a pod these days, as I much prefer to fish off bank sticks now, best of luck to you for the new season, Paul...
Cheers Paul and tight Lines to you for 2019/20.
Regards
Bill

Bob - a swim I'm VERY familiar with and one which has made me pull lots of hair out!

Amazing that it looks exactly the same 17 years on.
Had some large fish from it Steve. Just checked and it was 18 to 19 years ago when the pictures were taken.

Cheers
Bob

The Ford in flood at the lands end pub near Twyford taken from the pub car park . This is the old river Which leaves the main river just below Sandford Mill, passes through Twyford and rejoins the main river just below the A4. The usual depth of the ford would be around 6" to 12 " the middle here would be around 6 feet deep. Cars still regularly attempt to cross and invariably often get washed downstream, often the fire brigade being called out to rescue drivers.
014.JPG
010.JPG

Back