• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

It’s back !!

Yorkshire pudding… couldn’t think of anything worse as for putting golden syrup on it… you need to be publicly flogged in your local town square 😁

Yorkshire pudding… couldn’t think of anything worse as for putting golden syrup on it… you need to be publicly flogged in your local town square 😁
All a Yorkshire Pud is , is a “risen “ Pankcake really . It is hard though to imagine a Yorkshire with anything other than a good gravy .

Would you put gravy on a Pancake though ? I ask miself .

As Born and Bred Yorky I think the Roast Beef, and all the trimmings is the way forward, but Chicken, Goose, Turkey, Pork ,Lamb or Venison are equally acceptable .

Not Sausages though , or the food from hell beefburgers.

David

We always had `Yorkshire pud` as yes, a pudding, when was a kid - just sprinkled with sugar. It bore no resemblance to the photo earlier - more of an inch thick pancake.
Followed up at suppertime with bread & dripping.
But that was in Worcestershire ...

One cup of flour, one cup of eggs, one cup of milk, Graham. Bosting hot oven, and I use lard in the tray. Preheat until the lard is starting to smoke.

The mixture is a bit thick, but seems to work alright.
Certainly does. Jane and I have a competition on them.......she normally, now used to...wins

My efforts
Barbel angler fodder !

Attachments

• IMG_3920.jpeg
    IMG_3920.jpeg
    159.9 KB · Views: 94
All a Yorkshire Pud is , is a “risen “ Pankcake really . It is hard though to imagine a Yorkshire with anything other than a good gravy .

Would you put gravy on a Pancake though ? I ask miself .

As Born and Bred Yorky I think the Roast Beef, and all the trimmings is the way forward, but Chicken, Goose, Turkey, Pork ,Lamb or Venison are equally acceptable .

Not Sausages though , or the food from hell beefburgers.

David
Sorry David cannot agree. A nice big Yorkshire full of local bangers and onion gravy. My idea of heaven.😋

From barbel search4 to toad in the hole.
It just goes to show that you really never know what direction a thread is going to go 🤣🤣🤣
Cracking puds Si.
Your welcome round my house anytime 😉

Back