• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

It’s back !!

Terry Harman

Senior Member & Supporter
It’s back going on JB,s website at the weekend

Attachments

• A6E6E9EB-82AF-461A-90D7-F4674C260D15.jpeg
    A6E6E9EB-82AF-461A-90D7-F4674C260D15.jpeg
    92.3 KB · Views: 410
That’s good news and good timing too, as I’m almost at the end of my last bottle, which I’m sure has long been past it’s’ most effective

I was looking at JBs website last night, and wondering when he will rerelease the barbel search 4…now I know.

I find it truly fascinating.
These flavors are his own recipes with a lot of them carrying his own patents. How does one even do that??? I mean you crack open this little bottle of liquid say plum flavor or chicken flavor etc and when you smell it you can smell exactly that. It smells just like you’ve pulled a roast chicken out the oven. How do you get to such an accurate smelling flavour from ingredients that are not even remotely close to the real thing.

John’s flavours are on the money. No question about that. The quality of the flavor is pretty outstanding and can’t be compared to some cheap glug that you buy by the ltr.

You’ve got to be careful with them though. That little bottle does kgs of kgs of bait they are so potent.

Are they any good???? Well they’ll eat it. They’ll find it. I wouldn’t say they catch any more than a lump of spam does but it’s nice to be different. I use jb baits and I like to be a little bit different. I don’t like throwing crap in the water so I don’t use pellets or Micky mouse boilies etc

I watched that video last night, I am surprised he can use 6kg boilies in a week, I can’t even finish 1kg in a season, and I am fishing every weekend.
On our stretch if there is one thing that kills fishing it’s someone filling it in with boilies
I’m same 1kg of 12mm more than enough for a season
I do use a lot of mixed pellet but in an evening session might pult in 10 boilies?

On our stretch if there is one thing that kills fishing it’s someone filling it in with boilies
I’m same 1kg of 12mm more than enough for a season
I do use a lot of mixed pellet but in an evening session might pult in 10 boilies?
If I had my own fishery i would immediately ban pellets the oil content in them is not only detrimental to fish but also to the fishery I would choose a high quality food source boilie every time

Yeah but if you’re feeding from 2mm upwards a lot will get washed downstream and eaten by all manner of fish
I’m taking a small feeders worth or a PVA bag
I have seen people on the Wye empty a sack of 10mm halibut pellets into the river- moronic in my opinion so on that basis I agree with you Terry
Same on a small Stillwater
But don’t get it on the river ??
Far more hazards to the fish than pellets
I’m talking about killing fishing not fish
Kgs of 16mm boilies feeds off the stretch for everyone
And no guarantee they are highly nutritious?

Paul I’m not trying to tell anyone what to use it’s just a personal opinion …but what you are saying about boilies is exactly what I am talking about…. pellets will fill fish up very quickly so it’s detrimental you your fishing as well ..and if used in the winter could put fish off feeding for weeks you may only be using small amounts but so is Tom dick and harry … the trouble is there’s not enough education around bait and what adverse effects it has I’m also lumping in boilies with that we have all fallen for the hype (myself included ) to use the next wonder bait ..it would shock you what is in some baits ..ie pop up mix made with silicone or glass ..these days i try to use baits with natural ingredients so I use JB,s stuff as John says in his video a good bait is one that fish like to eat .. not to taste then spit out and then hoping our rig will get a hook up

Back