• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Great Ebay/Internet deals deals.....

Probably and no doubt it features in some Home Base promotional material. I also now see it is in fact a spoof film based on the famous book.

This reminds me of a friend who told me that he had a lot of equipment and was looking for a suitable tackle bag. He sourced one that was Made in Egypt. If I remember correctly, the bag was an XXXL and his tackle was lost in the bottom of the bag so didn't fit the bill. His next purchase was from the Far East and this proved far more suitable.

There is a sequel to this. The Far Eastern made tackle bag although superficially ticked many of the boxes, wasn't very well made. After being asked to do things that it was not designed for and being of flimsy construction, fell apart at the seams. The result was that the bag required quite a lot of the inside compartments to be removed and extensive re-sewing. I inspected the bag, admittedly, not in great depth, but it seemed alright on the outside. This friend of mine was very matter of fact. He rejected the repaired bag as being no longer suitable for his tackle and consequently "Not fit for purpose". Now he has acquired a French made bag which he thinks meets his requirements. I think that he is just a tackle tart.

Last edited:
Something slightly more on tack. If you have a Home Bargains store near you you can pick up a 12 LED headtorch and angler's balance for £1.49 each. These are £4 in Aldi and Aldi is pretty decent value. At £1.49, ok as spares. Probably give their sets of hooks a miss, same sort of price, various sizes in a plastic box. The only reason that I have doubts on the hooks is that they are barbless and probably more useful to carp fishermen. You can look at Home Bargains stuff on the Internet.

DINSMORES LANDING NET FOR FISHING SHAKE N DRY HEX A MESH 26" INCH CARP BARBEL | eBay
Must be good,he's sold 4 of them
Phil.W

Which reminds me, I bought a couple of similar leads from my local tackle shop, he looked up the price, and their were two different prices, one listed as sea, and the other as Barbel, the Barbel was £1.20 each and the sea was 80p.
I opted for the sea ones :)

Back