• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Great Ebay/Internet deals deals.....

Ive one of those for that money its a snip,great for flood and bigger rivers when you need the extra length:eek:t

Last edited:
Korum Neoterics now £89.99 with free delivery here.
Another very good deal.

That's a cracking deal Shippo. I bought ones of these a while back from someone and use it for the bait droppers and fishing big feeders on the Trent and Wye. Nice rod.

Got one of these and I'm not sure I like it. Big fat blank, unforgiving action and tc well beyond 2lb - approaching 2.5 I'd say. Feels like a carp rod. Possibly an acquired taste, I'd recommend auditioning one before buying.

M

Got one of these and I'm not sure I like it. Big fat blank, unforgiving action and tc well beyond 2lb - approaching 2.5 I'd say. Feels like a carp rod. Possibly an acquired taste, I'd recommend auditioning one before buying.

M

If you think the Drennan Power Barbel rod feels like a carp rod then the replacement barbel rods certainly won't be up your street. The new Drennan Martin Bowler Barbel rods don't just feel like carp rods they even look like them as well!

Not my cup of tea at all.

M

It isn't like the through actioned babrel rods that some use and it is personal preference, i have had fish to 12.07 out of the tidal only fishing a few rod lengths out and alos used it for freelining a big cube of meat upto 100m downstream (know distance as hit knot with backing) and still felt the bumps as meat moved over gravel.

Gave rod to mate who is half decent at long range casting and he put a 2oz lead 95m measured and due to action, good for long range bream/tench fishing

If you think the Drennan Power Barbel rod feels like a carp rod then the replacement barbel rods certainly won't be up your street. The new Drennan Martin Bowler Barbel rods don't just feel like carp rods they even look like them as well!

Not my cup of tea at all.

I notice on the Leslie's of Luton adds the Drennan Martin Bowler 2.25 TC rods are rated as being good for anything up to far bank fishing on the Kennet or Hampshire Avon, whereas the 1.75 version can handle huge feeders cast to the far bank of the Trent or Severn. Belting rod :p

Cheers, Dave.

I notice on the Leslie's of Luton adds the Drennan Martin Bowler 2.25 TC rods are rated as being good for anything up to far bank fishing on the Kennet or Hampshire Avon, whereas the 1.75 version can handle huge feeders cast to the far bank of the Trent or Severn. Belting rod :p

Cheers, Dave.

There aint many rods that can cast a huge feeder to the far bank of the trent, by huge what do they mean?? I am thiking 200gms plus, and that takes a very special rod, even the Torrix 2.5, is only good for 6oz and anything over that, well if you want a broken rod you may get it. I have had 2 rods that can do this, ones a fox xtreme 15 foot and the other is my custom built ones. I fished the far bank a lot a year or 2 ago and seldom do it now because I dont really need to, but every now and again I get the urge for some extreme fishing and thats what it is imo. I still think if you are going into the realms of far bank fishing with big weights a 13 foot is the most ideal size.

Looking fwd to seeing Martin Bowler doing some far bank fishing on the trent with 10 inch or so on....

There aint many rods that can cast a huge feeder to the far bank of the trent, by huge what do they mean?? I am thiking 200gms plus, and that takes a very special rod, even the Torrix 2.5, is only good for 6oz and anything over that, well if you want a broken rod you may get it. I have had 2 rods that can do this, ones a fox xtreme 15 foot and the other is my custom built ones. I fished the far bank a lot a year or 2 ago and seldom do it now because I dont really need to, but every now and again I get the urge for some extreme fishing and thats what it is imo. I still think if you are going into the realms of far bank fishing with big weights a 13 foot is the most ideal size.

Looking fwd to seeing Martin Bowler doing some far bank fishing on the trent with 10 inch or so on....

Hi Jon, my point was that it seems strange that the 1.75 is apparently capable of more than the 2.25 :D

Cheers, Dave.

As it was Jon and a few others who put me on to the 15ft extreme I can comfortably say that the rod is fantastic. However I get your point there David wonder if the 1.75 tc is lighter than the 2.25 does Martin Bowler even know? :D

Price went up so link disappeared lol

Last edited:
There aint many rods that can cast a huge feeder to the far bank of the trent, by huge what do they mean?? I am thiking 200gms plus, and that takes a very special rod, even the Torrix 2.5, is only good for 6oz and anything over that, well if you want a broken rod you may get it. I have had 2 rods that can do this, ones a fox xtreme 15 foot and the other is my custom built ones.

I've just sold one of those fox jobs, tbh I couldn't get on with it, I found it was tip heavy and the handle was a good 6 inches too short meaning your hands were too close together to get a decent cast, it also has a massive flat spot round the top joint and locked up too easily when playing a fish on a short line.
However, going by the biding they do have quite a cult following and I managed to get £55 more than I paid for it new, I kept expecting to see it on the ebay madness thread.:D

When I fish the Trent in future I will use my tfg 2.5Lb carp rods and mount them higher on the tripod.

Back