• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Garlic spam at sainsburys

I'm beginning to think that this is an urban myth!

Nothing in Croydon either.

Maybe it's working its way south on the breeze or something?

Regards,
Jeff

Hi Brian,

How are you?

Had any rain today? Nothing here in Brighton.
I'm supposed to be down there for two weeks but can't see the point.

I shall hopefully be down soon with a few tins of the fabled garlic variety Spam. My dad is currently searching the Sainsburys of Wigan as we speak! Mr Garwood reckons even I can catch on the stuff. Jeez, it must be good!!

All our love to you and Tina,

Speak soon,

Cat and Jeff

Hi Jeff,
it's been lashing it down for the last couple of hours, lets hope it last's, even if it clears some of the loose and dead weed, that would be something.
Tina's fine....................love to Cat, and good luck garlic chops.
Brian.

Well ifinally tracked some down in hempstead valley, they havent got any now!!! I got the only two trays they had! Yes jeff one of them is yours, i cant gaurantee that you will catch on it though, i dont think its THAT GOOD!!:D;)

Bazzer you little teaze,

We shall find out!

It may be that you're not better than me after all!!!

Enjoy your weekend, by the time you get back I will have cornered the market in garlic spam.

Best regards as ever,

Jeff

I used some for the first time today, unfortunately is does not work miracles......a couple of chub bites that was all. Nothing else worked either so the jury's out.
Got some very smelly hands though!!!

Well Jeff your garlic spam will be nestling safely in the care of nigel on sunday, the only thing you have to worry about is.......... is the new stuff as good as the old stuff? because as you know i will still be on the stinky french garlic!!!!!;);):D

Barry you cad!

Cheers pal, It will definately be my round when i see you next.

P.S. Biggest out this week has been ANOTHER 15+ and theres some water on apparently?

It's been hissing down in Croydon all day.

Best regards,

Jeff

Currently in Los Angeles, spam heaven, 4 different flavours including jalapeño extra hot, will definitely be smuggling some home!

Back