• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Garlic spam at sainsburys

What I did Find a few month ago is leave the meat exposed then the surface goes hard and the internal stays soft which make it ideal for hair rigging and still holds it's flavour and juices.

The fox meat stops look amazing however the price of them is far from amazing at £2.50 Each (lottery winners choice)

But one will last you a whole season Wayne, you cant dislodge the things, if you are that hard up I will post you TWO!!:p

Well have you tried it..?

John Wilson swears by the method

Neil,
I've tried both hooked and hair rigged meat. Both can be very effective. However, I wasn't passing any comment whatsoever on the effectiveness of either way, purely that I can keep a hair rigged lump of meat on longer, nothing more.

Neil,
I've tried both hooked and hair rigged meat. Both can be very effective. However, I wasn't passing any comment whatsoever on the effectiveness of either way, purely that I can keep a hair rigged lump of meat on longer, nothing more.

I know but the comment I was making that by burying the hook can help in some cases, I digress:)

How long can you keep a lump on Chris:eek:

How long can you keep a lump on Chris:eek:

Hours and hours if the pesky fish do their usual good job of ignoring my baits.;)
Using the Fox stops, and more importantly the clear sleeving, I tend to find a bait stays on even after fairly good knocks.

£2.50 each, don't be daft. They are £2.50 for a box. Now you may not get that many in a box but it's a damn site more than one!

Just going on what it said on eBay as it does state each mate!!

But one will last you a whole season Wayne, you cant dislodge the things, if you are that hard up I will post you TWO!!:p

Lol not that hard up thanks for your offer mate pm with my address coming mate (only kidding) but a misleading eBay add is not the one lol

Just got back from Sainsburys Brighton and they've never heard of it!

Garlic spam, garlic meat or garlic luncheon meat all checked on the computer. They did have the black pepper and cheese versions
Still, i've got the ingredients for a pea soup so not all bad.

Regards,

Jeff

91e05d72.jpg

Gents,
don't go looking for tins the same as those pictured. The new stuff in Sainsbury's is in a different style of tin.

Better shelf life too, my Sainsbury stuff has 12/2014 on it, the original lot I bought last year was only a few months.

Didn't really Barry, just being mischievous being 'holed up' with this Man 'Flu:rolleyes:

Commiserations on your 'man flu' Neil. If it is of any consolation, a group of doctors/scientists have recently announced that it actually exists :eek: For reasons my alzhiemers prevents me from recalling, men apparently do suffer more severe symptoms when assaulted by some of these minor bugs.....I always new she was wronging me :p

I don't think garlic spam wards it off unfortunately....though it seems to keep barbel at bay fairly successfully for me :D

Cheers, Dave.

Back