• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Garlic spam at sainsburys

Commiserations on your 'man flu' Neil. If it is of any consolation, a group of doctors/scientists have recently announced that it actually exists :eek: For reasons my alzhiemers prevents me from recalling, men apparently do suffer more severe symptoms when assaulted by some of these minor bugs.....I always new she was wronging me :p

I don't think garlic spam wards it off unfortunately....though it seems to keep barbel at bay fairly successfully for me :D

Cheers, Dave.

I just knew there was something in this man flu thing, I mean the missus is very sprightly, bringing me up meals /drinks and medicines, running the family Taxi service, doing the housework and keeping the business ticking over too, and not even a sneeze...don't seem fair:(

opposite of nowt ?

Very confusing I was born in Bristol and they have some funny slang too

Like...

Gert.....Big
Babbers....Friend
Luvver ....also Friend
Ark at eee ...Listen to him
Bist As in ''Where have you been, where here have you Bist

Pure Vicky Pollard.

Last edited:
right thats it, missus paula is instructed, sainsburys tomorrow dont come back without it, gonna try it at newark on sunday.

Apparently the carp and commercial lads like it as well seen a lad chatting about it the other day he uses 3 tims per match on the commercial lake where he fishes

so thats where its all going

Seann

Apparently the carp and commercial lads like it as well seen a lad chatting about it the other day he uses 3 tims per match on the commercial lake where he fishes

so thats where its all going

Seann

Then I apologise to Pip McGuire without reservation. I thought that he was hoarding all the stuff.

Conrad

barbel had on the garlic spam last night

better try sainsburys and stock up conrod:rolleyes:

Bought the last couple of tins in Sainsbury's in York today, I hope it lives up to all the hype!!!!!

Can't wait to give it a try!

Back