• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Garlic spam at sainsburys

I was in Tesco's earlier this year and I noticed the woman in front of me at the check-out had purchased a couple of tins of Spam - 'Like a bit of barbel fishing do you love?' I asked. She seemed to be somewhat confused by my enquiry, so I asked if she was going chub fishing instead. This time she looked worried as well as confused and as if stricken by a panic attack, she rapidly vacated the store.

'Was it something I said?' I asked the bloke on the till. 'Oh don't worry' came the reply, 'She was probably embarrassed - with hard times and the recession some of our customers have actually resorted to eating the stuff instead of using it for bait!'

What terribly sad times we now live in when humans are forced into actually eating fish food!

I was in Tesco's earlier this year and I noticed the woman in front of me at the check-out had purchased a couple of tins of Spam - 'Like a bit of barbel fishing do you love?' I asked. She seemed to be somewhat confused by my enquiry, so I asked if she was going chub fishing instead. This time she looked worried as well as confused and as if stricken by a panic attack, she rapidly vacated the store.

'Was it something I said?' I asked the bloke on the till. 'Oh don't worry' came the reply, 'She was probably embarrassed - with hard times and the recession some of our customers have actually resorted to eating the stuff instead of using it for bait!'

What terribly sad times we now live in when humans are forced into actually eating fish food!

Can't imagine why she should be offended, perhaps calling her 'love' and then accusing her of participating in blood sports, and feeding her family Spam?:p

Some folk are so sensitive.:confused:

Looked in my local Ray, they are still at the RRP of £1.69, as they are in my Tesco. It pees me off that there are no Aldi or Liddle supermarkets near me...and the shops I do have rarely have the special offers, even if other branches do. Life's a bitch :D

Cheers, Dave.

I ordered a tray of 12 tins from Amazon yesterday. The full price was £20.28 with free delivery by Wednesday of next week. A big bonus was that I also had £10 of Amazon vouchers (only applicable on goods they supply direct) so it only cost me just over half the usual price!

Bargain or what!!

Roger

That's not a bad price. However, they are cheaper at Sainsburys right now at £1.19 each and delivery as low as £2.99.

Tescos is still £1.69 but the sale has to come sooner or later. As it is the shed is still well stocked :D

Stephen

LIDL don't sell Spam and I don't think ALDI do either.

You might find other cheap imported little known brands in those two store though.

The cheaper brands tend to contain more fat which I don't think is a bad thing when being used for bait.

I finally found a Sainsburys near me with some in, bought a tray at £1.19 per 220g tin. Had a £6 voucher for a £30 spend, bought the missus a few bits....sorted. Apparently she has more of these vouchers that become valid shortly. Even more sorted :D:D

Cheers, Dave.

tesco's

Hi chap's I use extra strong garlic sausage from tescos delly counter £4.50 a kg, just ask them to cut it with a knive to the thickness you want. caught lotts of barbal on it

All varieties in 200g tins £1.19 each in our local Sainsburys today. Stocked up with the good old garlic version.

Back