• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Ebay madness

too late to bid unfortunately :(:

retro carp fishing bite indicators

lol-i-dunno.jpg

:D:eek:

Whaaaaaat!? I'm off to list some 'bread bobbins' and 'twig bite indocators' on ebay.
Might even brand them 'Emperor's new tackle.'
:D

Anybody remember the Efgeeco Pakaseat? I have one I bought in the 70's and still use. The bag part is a bit limiting but OK for short sessions and the seat comfy enough but may prove difficult if my knee joints deteriorate.

Take a look at this one recently sold on ebay EFGEECO

I had one which I used for many years and I absolutely loved it, although I can't think why, because it was so narrow it was one of the most uncomfortable seats imaginable :D
It's just one of those items you grew more and more attached to for some reason....probably because it was so difficult to get out of once you sat down :p

I had it hanging in my garage until fairly recently...looking at that ebay sale, I wish I hadn't dumped it :rolleyes:

Cheers, Dave.

Looks like a really good well made seat, but not £160 worth for me, but if someone is willing to pay it then it's worth every penny.
I got a couple of 'Shaky' seats in the garage, but don't use them as it would confirm too many that I am really a Noddy :(

Pakaseats were marvellous things at the time, the only problem was using them on nice wet sloping riverbanks where they assumed all the characteristics of a toboggun ! The advent of the Lafuma low chair more or less made them obsolete in speccie circles but obviously a few remain defiant ! a bit like yellow Capris with Black vinyl roofs from the same era, popular but rubbish and now seemingly collectable :)

Last edited:
Back