• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Ebay madness

ABU CARDINAL 44X BROWN VINTAGE REEL First class | eBay

£511.00 as I write this, I cannot believe it!!!!

A lot of the old Abu stuff is very collectable, sling in the original box and God knows what it would fetch. I see the guy claims to have restored it. Don't know what this means but could have an impact on the price. There was a guy from Italy who collected Abu reels and probably owned every reel that Abu ever made. I can't remember his name, but he wrote a book with an in-depth description on every reel Abu ever produced. Sadly, the book is out of print as there were only a limited numbr printed. The build quality of Abu was top notch and many of the old Cardinals are still going strong with spares still available which is more than can be said for many of the later Japanese reels.

I watched some s/hand Harkila overtrousers on there the other day, they went for 180 odd quid, you can get em new for not much over 200 :rolleyes:

feck me
my grandad passed away several years ago and in the garage i have a bag o old reels including 3 abu 44s and a 33 think it might be worthwile to strip them and paint them brown :)

It's an item in the Wild Trout Trust (old "pals" of mine, I was a very early member when it launched in 1997)'s annual auction. Check out the fishing days up for bids in the Other Items list.

Back