• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Ebay madness

I could more understand if--- no i couldn't, its just a barmy price for a reel that could be got for £80 a year ago, ( I know, i was looking for one ) !!

Can someone explain how he can withdraw the item when bids have already been made on it? Surely he's just using ebay as an advertising space and redirecting possible buyers to another location where he won't have to pay sellers' charges?

Can someone explain how he can withdraw the item when bids have already been made on it? Surely he's just using ebay as an advertising space and redirecting possible buyers to another location where he won't have to pay sellers' charges?

Pretty much, plenty of folks do it.

Pretty much, plenty of folks do it.

Think they get a tug from Ebay if it becomes a regular thing. Someone will have contacted him and offered him a stupid offer to stop the auction, if there are bids then you can't add a 'Buy it now' so what do you do ? !!

Last edited:
you can add buy it now at the start of the auction but if someone 'buys it now'
the fee's are higher, so people stick on auction only, i have done the same with a bike and a local contacted me with a suitable offer and i ended it, it's very common.

what a horrible looking thing.
you wouldn't want to wear shorts on a hot day with this.

Back