• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Ebay madness

Hi men,

Will , i see them , ****:D. Someone's having a laugh at over £200 , antique fairs that I go to a lot often have these , but not in a bidding war !, over priced .

Hatter

Definitely a bit of `shill` going on there. The bumper is a newbie low rater!

Not so much madness, more of a warning.

A hexagraph Avon listed there at the moment and when a few simple questions were asked i was told "this rod's not for you, don't bid on it". only wanted a couple more pics as he said it's a Ray Walton no,1, to verify the length and model as the guides and the reel seat are wrong to all other Ray Walton versions and if it had it's rod bag. No transfer shown on the listing and the whippings are poor too. in that condition i wouldnt pay the '£520' he wants, not even half that.

This is meant as a buyer beware, if you see it ask questions, lots of them

Not so much madness, more of a warning.

A hexagraph Avon listed there at the moment and when a few simple questions were asked i was told "this rod's not for you, don't bid on it". only wanted a couple more pics as he said it's a Ray Walton no,1, to verify the length and model as the guides and the reel seat are wrong to all other Ray Walton versions and if it had it's rod bag. No transfer shown on the listing and the whippings are poor too. in that condition i wouldn't pay the '£520' he wants, not even half that.

This is meant as a buyer beware, if you see it ask questions, lots of them
The seller emailed me back after i told him i posted a 'buyer beware noitice' saying he was 'selling it for a friend' and that 'Ray Walton' had told his friend to replace the single leg guides fitted by Bruce and Walker to 'stiffen it up'. so no, it's not and never was a original Ray Walton edition Hexagraph Avon no.1, just a tatty Avon no.1 that someone has changed the guides on and looks like they need doing again, no bag and still no confirmation that it hasn't lost a bit of length.

His claim that Mr Walton recommended the triple leg guides may be true, only one person here could lay that to rest, but, a butchered hexagraph at that price, i think 'it's not for me';)

Don't be so hasty to condemn.
There are at least three floats in that collection which are worth over £50 each to a collector and another one which I have only learned about this morning which is worth considerably more. One man's trash is indeed, another man's treasure.;)

You answered my question then Ade, a great investment! :). Nice to see you back on here.

Back