• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Drennan twistlock won't lock!

I have had the same problem with my drennan handle, I stripped the thread on the plastic collar.Drennan were very good with replacing the collar but did state only to tighten by a 1/4 of a turn as that all it needs. Since then I have not had any problems.

I'm still waiting to be innundated with offers of free (junk) Drennan Twistlocks.:confused:;):D

I liked my first one so much, i had to buy another one. Mental note to myself finger tight, also dont let anyone else with ham fists touch your pole......

Is there a better landing net handle out there???

Brought mine in Hinders 4 years ago, use it 4 to 5 times a week not had any problems. allways wipe the handle before packing up. Spray wd40 on it at the start of each season,

Regards Ray Thorpe.

Best extending landing net pole on the Market since Fastnet discontinued their brilliant, but old fashioned looking, carbon pole. If you bought the Drennan from us and it stops working, we will replace the locking collar FOC.

On that basis, assuming all Drennan dealers offer the same service, which they should, it is still the best out there.

We stock the Gardner pole and, whilst it 'does exactly what it says on the can' it's a bit clunky compared to, say, the Drennan. Sitting side by side in a rack the Drennan outsells it roughly 10 to 1 despite each being similar in spec. Make of that what you will

Top quality service from Drennan yesterday, many thanks. A replacement plastic locking device arrived today in the post together with an instruction sheet on how to maintain the landing net pole for the future.

Thanks also to Brian Timson for his tip of wrapping electrical tape (one turn) around the locking device which worked really well as a temporary repair until the replacement device arrived.

Regards,
John

Glad it worked for you John. In fact my handle is still working absolutely fine with the elcetrical tape as I didnt bother contacting Drennan.

Brian

There surely is a massive gap in the Market here for a top notch handle..a top company could make a killing...

Luke

There surely is a massive gap in the Market here for a top notch handle..a top company could make a killing...

Luke

Don't think it could be too difficult to make your own, at least we would be spared from cheap far eastern bits that are just not up to the job.
Will look into it:)

Surely it cant be to hard to design a handle that is a reasonable price :)
That is telescopic with a locking mechanism that wont break or fall apart :rolleyes:

Back