• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Drennan twistlock won't lock!

The collet has been redesigned for newer models on the drennan. I have an older model and have to twist the opposite way that it states on the handle. A mate has a new model and the collet has split due to over-tightening. Next time I'm out with him I'll get some pics to compare.

I've found that the slightest of twists is enough to secure the handle, if you over-tighten it, it can stick and a great amount of force is required to unlock it again.

I've found that the slightest of twists is enough to secure the handle, if you over-tighten it, it can stick and a great amount of force is required to unlock it again.
Spot on I lost my early one and had to buy a new one and then found exactly what you described
I had to ask a pal to help me unlock it after twisting it to tight ..............since then as you say just a very slight twist and it locks perfectly I love it

Back