• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

BFW FISH In

Ray,

This is not an exclusive forum - anyone can join, as long as BFW can authenticate who you are. In other words, *everyone* is invited.

I'm not speaking for Andy or BFW here, but the concept of an invitee list was only in the context of getting a few people to beta test the new forum software, not any form of exclusivity or elitism.

As for Andy being in control - I'm sure that the last thing he wants to do is to spend his time controlling a herd of rampaging egos.

Be nice guys, and all will be good.

R.

Good News

Had some good news last week. I have secured a venue on the Wye for a fish in, all we need are dates so the stretch can be reserved. Price of a day ticket is seven quid. And tickets can be purchased from myself on the day. I have sent Graham a Message to inform him of the availability as he is organising it and am awaiting a response. I think the plan is to organise it for next season. But we still have plenty of this season left so I cant see why we cant have one toward the back end of the season.

Kev

Hi Dean,

You are absolutely right but my post is sincere and genuine.

I have a huge amount of respect for Andy Francis, as I have said elsewhere he is a winner.
He and the BFW team have had enough problems to last a lifetime and I just don't want to be involved in anything that gives them any more! This new forum is the way forward for them and I will concentrate my time and efforts in the things that I do best.

All the very best,

Steve.

PS. What I don't do best is working out how to post on here! Thought the previous one had disappeared into cyberspace hence this one. Never mind, they are much the same.
I would like to go to a BFW fish in .I would like the social part meet a few lads have a laugh . Take the pee out my pink top BUT if there is bitching i just wont go as i want to enjoy my fishing not have a bitch fight . Shame really !

Count me in i dont mind fishing with anyone as long as they dont mind a bit of fun banter (p*** taking) and a few lemonade shandys.:):)

And if there are bitches bitch fighting all the better !!!

Last edited:
Yep, i would love too come along............ subject too dates.

I missed the last one i put my name down for which was a shame.

I'd like to come along. Happy to pay up front if that's the way it gets organised. I had to miss the last one through work. Good write up of it in Graham's recent book I recall.

I'll be tying things up with Kevin and posting details.

Any limitations on numbers will be based on the fishery space involved and advice of the fishery controller.

Attendees will be decided in order of money received by the treasurer after listing themselves on the BFW Events page.

Please wait till details/dates/costs etc are posted by me.

There will be an additional charity donation charge (charity to be decided by Andy Frances)

I find it incredibly sad that the same individuals want to cause problems.

And I am sure they will not want to attend, or be welcome to any I organise.

I suggest they organise one themselves like the ones they have over the past few years..................:cool:

Graham

Last edited:
Graham, i hope to be there and i am looking forward to meeting a few other like minded anglers off BFW.

Cheers Graham

I found it hard to believe that on the new site posters would show such negative vibes:mad:.

Nevermind that though im looking forward :D

Paul.

Had some good news last week. I have secured a venue on the Wye for a fish in, all we need are dates so the stretch can be reserved. Price of a day ticket is seven quid. And tickets can be purchased from myself on the day. I have sent Graham a Message to inform him of the availability as he is organising it and am awaiting a response. I think the plan is to organise it for next season. But we still have plenty of this season left so I cant see why we cant have one toward the back end of the season.

Kev

Which bit you thinking off Kev? I dont think the top stretch would hold enough anglers to be honest! It would be interesting to see what came out the bottom stretch though with a few anglers on there;)

Last edited:
Fish-In

Graham has been arranging fish-ins since day one, well before he had an angling related business. Even if there was some promotion of his business at a fish-in which he had organised via BFW and with Andy's consent, (which there hasn't been to date as far as I'm aware), I really don't have a problem with it, it's sound business practice. So if Graham wants to talk to me about guiding at the next fish-in, I don't mind at all, although I'm not sure I have the time to take him ! If the date is good for me, I for one would love to come along, they have a very good reputation. Hopefully put me back in touch with fellow barbel anglers and barbel - it's been a long time. Will I have to wear clothes ?

Nick C

Hi Nick, all.

The past few years I have been as busy as I want to be with guiding, but if anyone is worried I am going to kidnap and rob them and drag them off to another river, I wont!:)

For those that know or have been before.

The Fish Ins are just a BFW get together for us to meet old pals, make new friends, have a good old banter, check the local beers out and try and catch a fish or two.

Some great friendships have been forged within the history of these events. And Nick has shown he has all the tackle needed to compete.:p

As always the list will be in order of those posting on the new "BFW Events" thread and getting their monies paid. Not of course on this thread where the idea was just mooted.

It's a good idea that with the spirit of the NEW BFW that obvious troublemakers (as against those debating points strongly)are told by the members to behave. Lets start as we mean to go on and have a really strong BFW.

Thanks for that.

Just waiting for Kevin to confirm numbers available and we are ready to go.

Thanks for all the support.

Graham

Last edited:
It's a good idea that with the spirit of the NEW BFW that obvious troublemakers (as against those debating points strongly)are told by the members to behave. Lets start as we mean to go on and have a really strong BFW.

Your cunning and slyness knows few boundaries,Graham,much like your nickname of Silverfox.
Some of us are not so easily fooled.

Graham, i'm happy to be easily-fooled in to day's fishing with like-minded anglers, if there's room for a floppy one.

Jon

Back