• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

BFW FISH In

Graham Elliott

Senior Member & Supporter
In the spirit of the new BFW, and the inability of nameless ones to criticise.

I will once again organise a Fish In for next season sometime.

Ones in the past have been great fun, despite few (But often v big!) fish.

Something to look forward to

Graham

Count me in Graham, and please organise it when I am not on holiday this year, i.e. not September!!

One of the best things about BFW were the fish-ins - really enjoyed Tsunami Thames, Loddon, fluff chucking etc etc.

Would be great to see them come back and really look forward to you organising one Graham.

Let me know if I can do anything to help.

Perhaps Andy T should organise one at Florida Keys :D

Robin
Anyone who wants to suggest venues etc, welcome. Anybody fancies organising one local to themselves, plenty on here who would help no doubt.

Cheers Mark, defo.

Long way off - but my small recognition of Andy and teams decision. Would anyone like to do something end Feb time ...but have to be aware possible conditions? Any suggestions?

Graham

Last edited:
Hi Graham,

As we're hoping to spend a fair bit of time together next season please include me in this one.

I also concur with your last sentence and agree that it would be a nice way to show support.

Steve.

Many thanks Graham, I really like the idea of a get together and would love to come. I think I'll create a new section called 'BFW Events' that only registered members can view to reduce the chance of having 'lurkers' turning up uninvited.

More soon...

Excellent idea, must say its something that has been missed by many.... count me in,
If its anything like the last one you organised Graham then it will be greatly received :)

Super Idea Andy.

I really don't see why a few of the members can't organise a few BFW banner Fish-ins, they really are good events and helps everyone become a bit closer knit and "family".

I think the idea should be to raise a few pounds for a charity of the BFW's teams choice or, use it in the shop to buy tackle for disadvantaged anglers.

Graham

Afternoon Graham,

Count us in!

Now....where could we go?? Hmmmm? Let me think???

I know.....How about the Wye! ;)

Joking aside....plenty of fish to go at...great scenery....lots of camp sites etc

Kennet? Loddon? Hants Avon (Royalty?), D. Stour (Throop?) Trent??

Steve.....You must know some stretches on the Lower Severn or Warks Avon maybe.....

Will look forward to it!

Huw

Huw. I thought of the Wye as a good possibility as well.

Maybe a "nice" man can suggest a Severn bit, trains passing nearby?:D

Maybe someone knows a nice bit of the Trent:rolleyes:

Graham "junior;)" Elliott

Last edited:
Pencil me in please (work allowing).

John (JW) and next time don't forget to screw the oil filler cap on tight on that campervan of yours. ;)

sounds interesting. It would be good to meet a few new people and gain a few tips from some of the more seasoned Barbel anglers. I bailiff a stretch of the wye that would quite happily fit a load of us on it and tickets could be aranged for seven quid for the day. Im sure I could get some form of disscount from my club sec to make it even cheaper. I know you have had fish ins in the past on the wye but the fishing is excellent and available to all.

The Keys are about 6 hours away by car but more than happy to arrange a fish in around Cape Canaveral. September/October probably best for tarpon :D

Still thinking on setting up TarponFishingWorld or SurfFishingWorld :rolleyes:

Anyhow back to the point. I do have one !

Those of you that haven't been to a BFW Fish In get out there if at all possible. They are a lot of fun.

Kevin. That would be great. I love the river.

Can you give some thought to whether any camping would be allowed on the bank or campsite nearby. Can one nightfish the water?

Just to decide whether 1 or 2 days (some have along journey and one day is not long enough for them)

Graham

Robin
Anyone who wants to suggest venues etc, welcome. Anybody fancies organising one local to themselves, plenty on here who would help no doubt.

Graham,

Thinking on, I already organise an Ousemeister fish-in on the first weekend in September. We could certainly accommodate more participants - it's just a matter of booking the appropriate stretch(es) of river.

R.

Back