• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

BFW FISH In

Should have 1 or 2 dates/venues sorted in the next month.

It will be a case of the first ones listed up to a given (space permitting) number.

Look forward to meeting/re-meeting many of you.

Cheers

Graham

Suggestion..A Big day out for all

Dave Burr Quote: Before you all get carried away with being the 'chosen few'. Don't forget that there will be a load more new BFW members in the new year as, according to the email sent to each of us, people that buy stuff from the shop, make donations etc will be joining up. They may want to join in the fun and games so, why not leave the arranging of this love-in for a month or two.

That's a good idea Dave. Graham I wouldn't miss it for the world - Trent, Severn or Wye would be all be fine by me. Looking forward to it already.

Conrad

Graham...If you do it the way you are suggesting, then the places are already taken with mainly your own mates! As it is a 'BFW' Fish in, perhaps you should arrange it on a larger venue to accommodate a larger number of new BFW members also, with perhaps Andy Francis being involved and drawing names from a hat if it becomes oversubcribed.
As Dave Burr and Conrad suggest, wait until more join in the new BFW site, otherwise it will be very unfair, and it could be seen that you are hand picking on who you want to attend.;)
Best Regards...Ray

Last edited:
The fact that Graham has already involved Steve Pope and started to organise this before the site went proper live suggest a more cynical ulterior motive to me,BS promotion and Guiding for one,of which they are both involved.

This does not seem to be a BFW lead initiative,and plainly will put the backs up of many potential attendees ,purely because of who is involved.

Can we please not have another BS anti BS slanging match as i'm sure we have all seen enough of that lately. I would like to attend any BFW fish in that i can and whoever arranges it good on them for doing so.

Dear All,

Please count me out of any fish-ins, the last thing I want to do is cause any problems as has been highlighted by a couple of posters.

My original post was made in good spirit in keeping with the launch of this "new" site and I do not want to be involved in anything that can be seen to jeopardise that even if its in the eyes of just a couple.

All the best,

Steve.

Oh dear, I'm not going to even bother with the new site.

Petty jealousy rules.

Deleted from My Favourites.

Fish-in

Hi Graham,

I am interested in attending the fish-in depending on the dates, and if there is room. Good on you for organising the event, I know how much time and effort they involve.

Chris

Hi Dean,

You are absolutely right but my post is sincere and genuine.

I have a lot of time and resopect for Andy Francis, as I said elsewhere he is a winner.
I do not want to be seen to be part of anything that causes Andy and his team any more problems, they have had enough of those to last a life time and this is the new way forward.

Some will never change, unfortunate but thats the truth.

Much better for me to say what I've said and concentrate on the things I do best. Also much better to say it right now before the forum takes off.

I'm slightly saddened but not surprised.

All the very best,

Steve.

Hi Dean,

You are absolutely right but my post is sincere and genuine.

I have a huge amount of respect for Andy Francis, as I have said elsewhere he is a winner.
He and the BFW team have had enough problems to last a lifetime and I just don't want to be involved in anything that gives them any more! This new forum is the way forward for them and I will concentrate my time and efforts in the things that I do best.

All the very best,

Steve.

PS. What I don't do best is working out how to post on here! Thought the previous one had disappeared into cyberspace hence this one. Never mind, they are much the same.

Last edited by a moderator:
The fact that Graham has already involved Steve Pope and started to organise this before the site went proper live suggest a more cynical ulterior motive to me,BS promotion and Guiding for one,of which they are both involved.

This does not seem to be a BFW lead initiative,and plainly will put the backs up of many potential attendees ,purely because of who is involved.

That's a pretty depressing post Chris.

Every BFW fish-in I've been to has been very enjoyable and Graham has been involved in organising quite a few.
Never heard any mention of guiding/BS politics at any of them.
In fact quite the reverse - just a fun days fishing with like minded people from this site (and the odd beer or two!) - nothing more, nothing less.

Also raised some money for various charities.

They have also managed to accomodate everybody who has wanted to attend - obviously this might not always be possible if a smaller venue is chosen.

Most of us aren't really interested in fishing politics / personal vendettas etc. - we just enjoy fishing and the BFW fish-ins are a great way to do that on different venues with different people.

Personally, really looking forward to some being organised. :)

Absolutly agree with Marks post above,

This thread is all about having a fish-in with people who want a bit of good company, ive been to a fair few and ive enjoyed every single one of them, and i intend to carry that on.

If its not your thing or maybe you dont want to mix with some of us, thats fine also,but hey, why bother posting the negative stuff, just dont bother posting at all, because apart from making yourselves look pretty silly, i doubt anyone is in the slight bit interested in your views.

Tremendous !,plainly anyone daring to post anything expressing concerns or opinions will be sent to the salt mines and verbally abused by members.

Very arrogant Kev, so yours is the only opinion that matters is it ?

Chris, hang on a minute, its already been said on threads that more guys willing to organise fish ins their self are very much needed to enable a lot more bfw members to attend some, even if there was one a week it wouldnt be enough to cope with a couple of thousand members;) yes it needs more guys like you and dave or steve and graham to organise suitable venues ect ect, graham has also mentioned the need for more to offer to do this, i for one would love to attend more bashes and i reckon a lot more feel this way too, lets all pull together in bringing the new bfw up to new levels instead of
pulling each other apart, united we are very strong, just a few isnt,
and also it will have to be guys who have the organisational ability as well as the knowledge, to which most of us haven,t got. happy new year....j.w:)

Last edited:
Tremendous !,plainly anyone daring to post anything expressing concerns or opinions will be sent to the salt mines and verbally abused by members.

Very arrogant Kev, so yours is the only opinion that matters is it ?
Chris so far this has been a very civilised forum with many of us relishing the thought of cutting out the more 'noisy' posts. You knew that you were being contentious and were definitely trying to solicit a response. I am sure that you were not surprised by the reaction and were testing the waters for some reason.

Anyway why don't you organise a fish in as well? That way any oversubscription of the fish-in that Graham organised could be covered by your fish-in. I would be most happy to attend any BFW fish-in organised by any BFW member.

I am not sure why people object so much to people who are guides, I am sure with the proliferation in barbel fishing that none of the better known guides will be struggling for work. One thing that I am sure of is that no guide is in any danger of getting rich any time soon. I see it as more of a service to us all than any kind of serious buisiness.

Conrad

Well, I think we've *already* had a clear illustration of the problems that plagued the yuku forums. The difference here is that there is no anonymity so we know who is causing them.

We don't need any "big name" bickering - take it somewhere else, please.

I would respectfully suggest that anyone wishing to participate in this site should keep it civil or they might find themselves out on their ear.

R.

Quite right Robin..I am sure that it will settle in quite nicely, as soon as the regulars understand who has been invited, and therefore there will be no dominance by a single or other parties to advertise their egos, wares or other. I am sure Andy will be in control. It does look like that some of the 'invited' may have been 'unexpected' to others. Best Regards..Ray

Back