• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

BFW FISH In

Sounds good Robin.

Might be better to be a stand alone BFW session with only BFW (new) members allowed to attend. That's open for discussion.

Why not go ahead and plan/arrange it. Would be great for a different BFW member to arrange one a month IMO

Graham

Before you all get carried away with being the 'chosen few'.

Don't forget that there will be a load more new BFW members in the new year as, according to the email sent to each of us, people that buy stuff from the shop, make donations etc will be joining up. They may want to join in the fun and games so, why not leave the arranging of this love-in for a month or two.

Dave I'm hoping enough people would want to contribute/arrange dates/venues to make this an ongoing thingy.

Graham

My Club stretch has a night fishing ban but their is a nice little pub up the road(walking distance) and good camping facilities. Fish through the day and then all swap stories and share a bit of banter in the evening.

My Club stretch has a night fishing ban but their is a nice little pub up the road(walking distance) and good camping facilities. Fish through the day and then all swap stories and share a bit of banter in the evening.

Kev, sounds like you mite not of been on a 'fish in' before, although you did get one bit 'almost ' rite ..... fish through the day.:)

not many are able to talk by evening time:eek:

Dave, i decided i was better off chucking the motorhome after the cap and went and bought a nice shiny one with a cap:D
the exercise will not repeat itself :eek:....john

could i suggest maybe that anyone wishing to attend paid the dues(fish in dues that is) prior to getting on the fish in attendance list, as most know there are always a lot that drop out, at least this way it may leave spaces
for guys that will attend no matter what, i am sure Graham and others here
understand my good meanings by the suggestion, yes bfw fish ins are a great ice breaker and great opportunities to pick up small but important tips and observations on how others go about the same swim or methods ect used,
very much looking forward to an event:)....john

Before you all get carried away with being the 'chosen few'.

Don't forget that there will be a load more new BFW members in the new year as, according to the email sent to each of us, people that buy stuff from the shop, make donations etc will be joining up. They may want to join in the fun and games so, why not leave the arranging of this love-in for a month or two.

That's a good idea Dave. Graham I wouldn't miss it for the world - Trent, Severn or Wye would be all be fine by me. Looking forward to it already.

Conrad

Its been a while since I attended a BFW fish in, and they certainly rank up there with the best of them, so I would love to get in on another one.

Great to see so much enthusiasm. Especially the Old BFW's.

I am looking at 2 bits of river at the moment.

One Midlands and one near Midlands. Just waiting to hear back.

There is no hurry though (apart from Paul G! )

It would be nice if we can get a Fish In a month sorted out, so ideas, thoughts, welcome at this early stage.

Graham

I'd be more than happy to offer somewhere like Kinvers stretch at Hampton Loade, or the WAvon at Wick.
I did try to organise one earlier in the season, but after about 40 people initially showing interest, only 3 actually sent money when I started asking for it:(.

Let me know if I can help Graham.

Steve

Great. Steve that's a very kind offer ane one that will definately be taken up.

As John Walker said/suggested, I have always taken the money well in advance, and on previous Fish Ins with BFW we have generally been oversubscribed. I'm sure Mark would be happy to be the "Banker" and look after the finances as in the previous event.

Those that have not been on one before might like to look at the last BFW Loddon fish In report on the Old BFW to get an idea. https://barbel.co.uk/articlefr.htm BFW Fish Ins - Oldies vs Kiddies

I am currently waiting on a potential Wye date / venue suggestion and would love to do Hampton Loade if we can sort a date after getting that one listed. I'll be in touch Steve.

Graham

Last edited:
Would love the opportunity to be involved in something like this.
The chance to meet a few of you guys and to learn sounds like a perfect day to me. :)

Back