• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Angling Trust

I don’t know Neil I’ll ask. Apparently you can drive there and they had a car behind them so perhaps just chancers? I used to fish the GUAA Lower Lode (left bank) and I’ve fished the Tewkesbury water on the Ham again left bank as you know. This was right bank right above the weir I’ll let you know when I find out more
Cheers mate, I will alert the Upper Lode guys so they can at least keep an eye out.

I'm a 60+ game a year football addict (including various local non-league games) plus rugby, cricket and horse race meetings. For me they can all stay at home for the foreseeable. The Premier League in particular is all about the money not the players' welfare. I have respect for players like Glenn Murray who have stuck their heads above the parapet and said that they're not comfortable with it. I really thought that I would miss the lack of live sport but I haven't.

There is more money in the PL perhaps, but I wonder if they're all lobbying to come back for the same reasons. Money?
I thought Raab's statement the other day insisting sport's return would 'lift the nation' was somewhat disingenuous and more an effort to lay the foundations for sports return whilst restrictions remain for the general public, something which seems to conflict.
Anyone wishing to find a new society out of all of this might be disappointed to learn that whilst Doctors and Nurses are not allowed to unwind however they might like, their seeming societal antithesis can kick a bladder about a park with 21 others!
Money still talks!
Kind regards
Damian

Noted that the Angling Trust have advised that an announcement is expected on Sunday. Disappointingly (in my opinion) only 7000 anglers bothered to contact their MP on the matter, I'm surprised at that given how easy the AT made it. Using the AT's own figure of one million anglers that means that 99.3% didn't bother. Apathy rules!

Apathy for some I'm sure.

I considered emailing my local MP (David Rutley) about this. I've done so before and found him very helpful. But I thought it best not to concern him with this as I reasoned he will be have a big enough case load helping his constituents with much more important issues such as helping families and local businesses access emergency loans and support etc and that's aside from his role in the treasury.

Noted that the Angling Trust have advised that an announcement is expected on Sunday. Disappointingly (in my opinion) only 7000 anglers bothered to contact their MP on the matter, I'm surprised at that given how easy the AT made it. Using the AT's own figure of one million anglers that means that 99.3% didn't bother. Apathy rules!
My MP personally replied to me (Mark Spencer). He tells me that he is an angler also which makes me hopeful. Surely fishing has to be one of the safest pastimes. Much safer than cycling which is allowed. I've seen people on bikes that obviously don't know how to do it safely. Wrong side of road, on the pavement, no helmet, wobbling

With stuff like that Rhys, I think it’s just novelty. It’s been weeks and weeks since people could, so they will be silly. Next week I doubt the queue will be so news worthy.

just an update wife is now positive for cov19 today had the test yesterday ,over half of the staff on the ward have got or had cov19 .
i now have to isolate for 14 days but she could be back in work for her night shift next thursday but i will still be isolation work that one out.i have been forlough as they did not want me in work from the start but my work place is still open

keep safe Gary

My local MP had to resign , so not much hope of a reply...

Hope you're wife is ok Gary 🤞

Take care
she is ok at the moment thanks for asking.seen you mate arky a few weeks ago was in good form and gave him some leads .hope your well intend fishing ribble a few more times this season .will still be going down to dove most weekend when and if we get the nod to start

Some of us have more pressing issues than getting fishing opened up, I have been writing to my MP to complain about the delays to prostate cancer treatment that have occurred due to Covid19. Despite Matt Hancock's statement early last week it is still a postcode lottery whether you get treatment on a reasonable timescale, I know of cases where people have gone from initial diagnosis through to surgery between January and April this year and of operations continuing throughout, whereas I am still waiting for a biopsy after being referred to hospital last November!

I see tonight's announcement appears to have been pre-emptively ignored by Sturgeon, Drakeford and Foster.
I don't know when people will realise that at the least, safely, and it can be done in a lot of circumstances, the country needs to try and start getting back to work as we can't stay in lockdown forever!
Kind regards
Damian

From what Boris Johnson was saying I take it as being as Wednesday that we can go fishing in isolation or with lock down family members . Depends on whether my local angling association opens up the pits. Scotland is in kind of a slightly different ( later) cycle to England, so if Kranky wants to stay in lock-down, let her get on with it.

From what Boris Johnson was saying I take it as being as Wednesday that we can go fishing in isolation or with lock down family members . Depends on whether my local angling association opens up the pits. Scotland is in kind of a slightly different ( later) cycle to England, so if Kranky wants to stay in lock-down, let her get on with it.
AT confirmed includes Angling

There’s a guidance document today apparently. About 50 pages to help clarify the changes.

Back