• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

head torch

recieved my "SUPPOSEDLY 500 LUMEN" Headtorches, they were the Camo versions, and was Highly dissapointed with them. They are no way, as near as bright as the 300 lumen headlights that i bought following Jon's link. If you want a really bright light for less than 7 quid, follow Jon,s link.

can`t beat the energiser for price and well bright enough and lasts for years.
Andy

Pezzl do excellent ones for this price< also have flash, different beam options and red. Batteries last for ages.

I'll stick to the Alpkit for most situations. I haven't found a head torch yet to rival this for the price. I have the Cree, which is great for the walk back in a jungle. However it's not very considerate to other anglers on the bank as it's too bright.

Last edited:
One of those 300 lumen head torches arrived on my doorstep this am. It's bright init....

I can see it being a very useful bit of kit as a work light but a bit bright at the waters edge.

I might get a couple more and keep them in the glove box of the cars.

I suppose that I am a bit of a headtorch tart as I have a Petzl, Energiser and something I bought from Homebase which has three levels of intensity. Added to these are some yellow plastic things which are rather like spectacles, had those for years and years.

The Labrador finds them all terribly amusing.

Regards

Hugo

i use the petzl with three leds and red flick down lense but do keep a spare in bag which is a lot brighter for those thick blankets of pre dawn fog also petzl had the same ones for over six years with no problems:D

well well if it aint nasty nick coster :eek:if i fished any longer there would be no barbel left for you in the cold winter brrrrrrrrrr you can kep the cold and frost mate ill stick to summer nights and a trot in the day at winter time mind you i dont spose the cold effects the undead lol:D:D:D see you soon mate:)

After my head torch got a bit intermittent in use I decided it was time for a new one.

As it turned out I bought two :)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250886785936

ENERGIZER ADVANCED HEADLIGHT LED X 6
Ideal for camping and outdoor use.
Product Description
This is a high quality Energizer 6 LED headlamp torch powered by 3 x AAA batteries (included). The LED bulbs have been designed to last 15 years and the batteries will last for up to 50 hours of continuous use on the 2 LED setting. With 4 total lighting options including 2 red led's for nightvision this is a versatile torch suited to many situations.
Product Features
4 Lighting Options
Swivel Light Adjustment
2 Red LED's For Night Vision
LED's Designed To Last 15 Years
36 Lumens Max & Up To 50M Range
Comfortable & Adjustable Head Strap
Replaceable Batteries 3 x AAA (Included)
6 LED's 2 White Spot, 2 White Flood, 2 Red

Price: £8.49
Postage:£2.49

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300572184799

1 x 5 Watt CREE LED Zoomable Headlamp
It is not in the original box, because the package is overweight, shipping cost is expensive than normal. If you need the original package, please contact us in advance.

Specifications

100% Brand New.

High Intensity Ultra Bright 5 Watt of 300 Lumens

Zoom function that allow the beam can be focused

Water-Resistant, you can use it in a rainy day

Extensive Lifetime of CREE LED (100,000 hours)

It can be a guide when you take cycle at night

Adjustable base is provided for each head lamp, with back and forth inclination