• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

head torch

i had a good one from poundland, very very bright, bit bulky as the batterys (4 x AA) are behind the LEDs but for a quid can't fault it.

ive got the Cree headlamp from china off ebay very bright beam best used with rechargeable batteries because they can get through a few been using them all season best light ive had:)

ive got the Cree headlamp from china off ebay very bright beam best used with rechargeable batteries because they can get through a few been using them all season best light ive had:)
I will second that Tony... Very impressed..

I will 3rd that one, got a cree light after Jon recomended them and bugger me they are bright!!!:D

Make that four, I got the rechargeable one and was so impressed Ive ordered the non rechangeable also to see if its a bit more comfortable not having to wear the battery pack on the back of the head.

Best headtorch I've ever owned though thats for sure. Just hope it has a good lifetime.

Cheers
Jas

Better make it five, I got mine on Jon's recommendation,I have been that pleased with it that I bought another one as back up.

Mick

Make that four, I got the rechargeable one and was so impressed Ive ordered the non rechangeable also to see if its a bit more comfortable not having to wear the battery pack on the back of the head.

Best headtorch I've ever owned though thats for sure. Just hope it has a good lifetime.

Cheers
Jas

jason have you got a link for the rechargeable ones please

Cheers Jason whats the battery life like on a full charge

Cheers Jason whats the battery life like on a full charge

Haven't used it on the bank yet Tony but first impressions of the brightness and wide to narrow beam options are great. The good thing is the headtorch only takes 1 battery but you get 2 with it and the charger so you can always keep one fully charged ready in your tacklebox, that's what I did like about it.

Cheers
Jas

I got to use mine this weekend and bugger me its spot on, going to get myself another on order:):)

I've joined the club as it'll be handy for cycling back to the car. However, two things have occurred to me: aren't you all going to mess up your night vision if the torches are so bright and isn't there a danger of spooking the fish?

Received my two today,

They really are super bright and the pull/push zoom magnification seems great,although I'm not so sure what I will be using the strobe light/flashing mode for :D

Mark, pretend your a robot at the next disco. :D

Mine arrive 6 days after ordering. :)

Got a feeling these are going to be the headtorch equivalent of the Marco
Cortesi centrepins. GET ONE NOW BEFORE THEY RUN OUT. ;)

I ordered one a few days ago as a backup to my Alpkit.

I really like the Alpkit, but the battery life isn't that great i've noticed over the season. I fish alot at night which would probably explain why i'm needing to replace my batteries every couple of weeks. I've purchased rechargable batteries now. However I would expect the battery life (duracell) to last at least a month. My old Energiser lasted half a season.

Anyone else noticed this with the Alpkit?

Back