• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

head torch

Hi Conrad, most of my power tools use the LiOn batteries & these are obviously re-chargable, not sure about the little fella's though but would expect them to be available if not now then very soon..I have a problem with my Cree in that if I pack it away the next time I use it the batteries are flat, & it's not getting turned on;) in my bag..I've ended up turning one of the batteries round when I pack it away.

Sorry Steve I missed 'AAA' out of my post about LiOn batteries. I mean you can't get AAA LiOn rechargeables but you can get AAA Lithium batteries which are different. As I understand it LiOn batteries are 3.7V due to the chemistry and so a AAA cell which is 1.7V max cannot me manufactured. As you say of course LiOn batteries are rechargeable, there's one in my laptop for starters.

If you are experiencing battery drain on your Cree headtorch then you have faulty electronics, is it an LED Lenser or a Chinese one? If it's LED Lenser then you'll be able to get a replacement free of charge I would think.

Reverse polarising one of the batteries might not be a good idea as it can cause the batteries to rupture which is a nasty surprise waiting to happen.

Happy New Year as well mate.

Just a possibility, but some rechargeables do *not* hold their charge, ie. they will discharge over time even if just left on the shelf. That might be your problem?

R.

Yup, those eneloop look pretty good.

I quite like the look of the Pedal Juice 9V supply for guitar pedals, but at over £100 it's a bit pricey!

R.

Asda are currently selling a head torch for £3 in the camping section. A single beam LED but decent enough as a back up and seemed to work well at the Download Festival last weekend.

Not strictly for fishing, but i,m in a contest with a fellow hackney cab driver to see who has got the brightest torch/headlight. ( for shining through customers windows at night to get them out ), just ordered a 1200 lumen headtorch, currently have the 300 lumen version which puts Blackpool to shame. Can,t wait for the new one to arrive. :D:eek::D:eek::D

Not strictly for fishing, but i,m in a contest with a fellow hackney cab driver to see who has got the brightest torch/headlight. ( for shining through customers windows at night to get them out ), just ordered a 1200 lumen headtorch, currently have the 300 lumen version which puts Blackpool to shame. Can,t wait for the new one to arrive. :D:eek::D:eek::D

Watch out for planes landing on your cab Derek:D:D:D You wont need your headlamps on on your cab at night with that on:eek::D

Not strictly for fishing, but i,m in a contest with a fellow hackney cab driver to see who has got the brightest torch/headlight. ( for shining through customers windows at night to get agood veiw ), just ordered a 1200 lumen headtorch, currently have the 300 lumen version which i cant quite see if their naked or not
:eek:

Just got in from ASDA, 2 sets of rechargeable battery,s and chargers. Let there be light.. :D:D:D

Never mind spotting the cow dung walking across the fields, i,ll be able to see the fleas eating it. :D:eek::D:eek::D

Last edited:
your a rum lad you derek so that's what you do when you have no fares
think you should re read marks quote

Gaz, would never consider using it on the bank, but guideing my way through a minefield of S***e to get there, well. Oh, and its a LARGE Jack Daniels, not rum, cheers. ;)

Get all my torches etc from dealextreme,takes a few weeks to arive sometimes as they come from china,but worth the wait as they are dead cheap.

In Go Outdoors between 30 July and 5 August they presently have a voucher offer for a LED Lenser H7 head torch and P3 torch twin pack for £34.99 down from £65.

Kris

Back